Is there a stereotype about daily mail readers?

There's a stereotype about readers of all british national newspspers - the Sun reading, wolf whistling, builder; the Star reading, mentally subnormal, oversexed neathanderal; the Guardian reading Labour bearded hippy and the Telegraph reading posh tory politician. The Daily Mail reader stereotype is best defined by Hyacinth Bucket - late middle age, middle England, middle class. Conservative, kids at uni, wife never worked, scandalised by homosexuality and children outside marriage - oh and immigration. Enjoy being disgusted by Elton John and love reading about polo even though they've never been to a polo match. That's the stereotype anyway.

Source(s): My parents are Mail readers!

Daily Mail Readers

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): stereotype daily mail readers: https://shortly.im/B1aYp

If you want to teach your son or daughter how to read beginning with small specific phrases, working up to phrases and eventually whole kids' experiences then Children Learning Reading from here https://tr.im/Q89nV do just that.

With Children Learning Reading your child's reading skills progress as they sort out the fundamentals centered lessons in stage one of many course, you (and your child) may be thrilled to test out your child's new discovered reading skills and the very first benefit provided with the class allows you to complete just that, as it is really a eBook of experiences which can be ultimately suitable for the level that your child will undoubtedly be at while they end the initial area of the course.

Children Learning Reading is the ideal plan to show your youngster how to read.

• Paul A

Yes, as pretty well detailed elsewhere - but the LibDems found to their surprise most of their voters read it too not the Guardian and Independent! I think they were a bit stunned by that research! I do know I for one like reading papers that I don't agree with, though. Much more fun. Perhaps that's why. The Mail does have a really good puzzle section too.

I think some people like to put others into categories or boxes so I would say all newspapers have to a certain extent. But whether there is any real truth or fact behind these ideas remains to be seen.

I think there is a view that people that read the Daily Mail are middle of the road, white middle class but I don''t know if this is true.

I prefer the D.M simply because it has real issues that are treated a little more seriously than say The Sun, or Mirror.

I don't read the Times but have a friend that does and I would call her a snob, a designer dresser and has plenty of money. I also have friends that read the News of the World for the gossip and they are a real laugh and are really down to earth.

• step

Flying Fid says it well, except I don't believe Daily Mail readers are generally one class or another.

They are the kind of people who love to be outraged, believe everything was better in their day, are afraid of change, think political correctness has gone too far while enjoying every freedom that political correctness down the years provides them, they are convinced the country is going downhill and that it is the fault of immigrants, they cling to 'great' British icons such as Princess Diana, they believe the twee little statuettes on their mantle pieces to be fine art, they don't recognise anything but figurative work to be art, they believe in the death penalty, they will swear by Britain's principles yet condemn alleged criminals before the verdict has been read.

In short, if there were fewer Daily Mail readers the world would be a more tolerant and pleasant place.

Sorry but I never read newspapers, not worth the effort as a better rein on what's going on can be gleaned from the pub.

Yes.

I agree with Amy G, im 19 and love it!!!