Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

FOX news viewers, should we organize a campaign against Kieth Olberman's advertisers?

In response to the liberals pathetic campaign to get Glenn Beck off the air?

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5...

I'm not really into watching FOX that much but I do listen to Beck on the radio sometimes. He has exposed many stories about government corruption and has openly talked about how Goldman Sachs came out on top of after the bailouts. He has also talked about some of the effects that GM seeds are having around the world. The dems want to silence these little nuggets of truth. I say we launch a full on campaign against Olberman. What do you say?

• Best answer

I listen to Beck on the radio as well. I don't bother with FOX News channel, or any other cable news networks. Beck has a good show, and liberals are jealous.

I'm all for launching an attack on Olbermann's foolishness. He outright lies on a daily basis, including the lie he told about FOX telling Beck to leave for a week (the vacation was already planned.)

• Edith

Well, the christian coalition and family research council and other con groups have been doing this for years, writing to companies that advertise on Ellen, Will and Grace, Queer as Folk, etc. etc. etc. Now they'll probably start a campaign against CNN. So silly. There really is no liberal tv news station. Just some lib hosts, like Keith Olbermann. But CNN has Glenn Beck, too, so to say CNN is a liberal station is far-fetched. I'm lib and I have to look elsewhere for lib news, not much on TV. I like to watch Fox when they're talking about real news because I can see the hole in their (Bill O'Reilly, Sean Hannity, Ann Coulter, etc.) arguments. But do I think FOX is a fair and balanced news channel? They try, but no. CNN and MSNBC also try, but also no.

• Locket

Are you kidding? Olberman's ratings are so low it is sad.

Beck, on the other hand, has become no 3 in the 5 o'clock time slot.

And he did it in 6 months time at Fox too!

Ummm... How will FOX news viewers pull any sway with advertisers on a completely different network which they don't watch?

You do realise that advertisers pull advertising when they feel that the views represented on the show that their adverts fall between might insult their own existing customers, right?

Go for it, I'm behind you. If you like Beck on the radio, watch his show on FOX. He uses great diagrams so people can see and understand the cronies and crookedness Obama is creating.

If you can catch him saying something as offensive as Beck's "Obama has a deep seated hatred of white people" comment, go right ahead.

Olbermann has incredible hubris. He's bound to say something that dumb sooner or later.

And I am sort of a fan of his.

Sounds good to me , as long as I don't have to watch him to know who they are!

Rant much? Your group that you are so proud of and trying to organize, has done FAR worse to people that went against them. People who aren't in denial know that.

• Jeff S

LOL won't happen because he has too many viewers who will continue to support those advertisers.

What is funny is you think conservatives have that much power.

Beck is sometimes out of control therefore nothing he says is taken seriously by most people. I say he should be ousted.