Name of Film! Does anyone know this film?

Anthony Hopkins stars as the husband, he has found out his wife is cheating on him, she's younger than him and bored. The wife ends up shot, but AH's character has come up with an elaborate plan to prevent himself from being convicted. I think he is some kind or professor or dr. Hes charged with attempted... show more Anthony Hopkins stars as the husband, he has found out his wife is cheating on him, she's younger than him and bored. The wife ends up shot, but AH's character has come up with an elaborate plan to prevent himself from being convicted. I think he is some kind or professor or dr. Hes charged with attempted murder, she isn't killed from the shot.

Ryan Reynolds (i think) is the prosecutor/D.A person, whatever they're called, and AH represents himself in court. The wife was having an affair with a cop, and it turns out the gun used to shoot her was the cops gun, not AH's gun (its shown later AH swapped guns and the swapped them back at the last moment after shooting his wife).

At the end of the film, AH has be acquitted, and he is going to the hospital, his wife isn't dead she's on life support and AH is next of kin. RR has finally worked out what has happened and is trying to get to the hospital to stop AH from switching off the life support. He doesn't get there in time, and switches her off. But no shes dead AH can be arrested murder.

Any ideas what its called. I rented in ages ago and its driving me mad not knowing the name! Thanks
Update: Thank you!

I knew it was Ryan someone!

And i did try to look for AH's films but there are so many!

Thanks again.