How do I stop the search bar from automatically filling in when I start typing?

Sometimes other people use my computer and I do not want everyone to see everything I have ever searched for, especially porn! Please help.

Clear your web browser history and also your cookies. If you want to you can manually delete the google search bar history by highlighting the search term you want deleted and hit delete. You have to do this each time for every one you want deleted.

Depends on browser

Internet Explorer: Go to Tools > Internet Options > Content > click Settings under AutoComplete and uncheck everything.

Google Chrome: Options > Under the hood > Under privacy, uncheck the second box.

Firefox should be something similar.

Don't listen to others telling you to erase history

You can even turn off history by putting the dates to keep in history to 0

It depends on what browser you're using, but generally they all all will have the option you need, which is to delete form history. Firefox can automate this when you exit the browser, others may too.

Click Ctrl+Shift+Delete and check all the boxes except saved passwords and download history and you're good to go.

Or you can click Tools>Clear private data... and check all the boxes except saved passwords and download history.

Either way works

click on the tiny arrow hooked to it. Either delete the info. or put turn off.

?