Please help, teenager with boy issues...?

Hey. I'm sixteen years old and I have a few issues regarding boys..

At the moment, I seem to feel really out of it, all my friends are talking about their boyfriends or boys that they like or boys that like them and I have nothing to contribute to the conversation...

Boys just don't seem to be attracted to me. I go to an all-girls school, but that isn't the issue, I know and meet plenty of boys all the time, it's just the ones that keep contact seem to lose interest, or they just don't want to bring the relationship any further. I have kissed boys before so I'm not inexperienced...

Here's a little about me to give you an idea of me as a person:

*Sixteen years old - Cancer (not sure if that helps)

*Australian with mixed heritage

*Dancer - Jazz, Ballet, Tap, Hip-Hop, Contemporary

*Plays violin

*Interests: laptop, music, dance, design, films, tv (regular stuff)

*I'm a little odd, like funny and weird, but in a good way - nothing freaky like cat porn or anything, lol, I have a good sense of humour, I'm reasonably smart - A's and B's in my school report..Not bragging or anything, just yeah...

I'll include a couple of pictures, so you can get an image of me

http://i25.tinypic.com/2usdeud.jpg

Me at my school formal - the brunette in the foreground

a couple of pictures my friend took for an assignment

http://i31.tinypic.com/2s1rr5u.jpg

http://i31.tinypic.com/11tndk9.jpg

Why do you think guys just aren't attracted to me in a non-friend way?

Thankyou for reading and in advance for your responses.

Everyone has different likes and dislikes. You must also be aware that many guys get nervous approaching a gal that they are interested in. Try meeting more people. Women at your age are more mature than guys are so they may be a little flaky.

• Lara

Oh...my...god...you are SO pretty! I was shocked when I saw your photo! I have no idea why they're not attracted to you! Maybe they are and are too shy to come forward. Maybe you just haven't met the right guy yet. You sound like a really nice person, with your own interests, and smart but not up yourself. I can relate; I just turned 17 and the right guy just isn't there at the moment. Hang in there darl, I am!!

From your pics and what you've said about yourself, there is absolutely NO reason why boys wouldn't be attracted to you- physically and personality-wise :)

It's probably not what you want to hear, but in time, I'm sure you will meet some guys (possibly older ones, as you seem quite mature for your age) who will really appreciate you and everything you are.

In the meantime, hang in there and keep being yourself!

x

Honey, you probably intimidate them. There is a boy out there that secure enough with himself to have a relationship with you. You will meet him soon enough, in the mean time why settle for some one that just isn't mature enough to be with you.

• Moby

Awww shucks! You are so beautiful and so accomplished that all of Australia's teens will now be scouting you out big time. But I guess you already expected that. Nice try though. Good sense of humour.

You are very pretty, and no doubt guys are intimidated by your looks.

As you get older lots of guys will be interested. as it is now guys your age are immature and think you are out of their league.

Good luck and don't rush into stuff

maybe they think you're too good for them...just relax enjoy being single, your pretty and theres nothing to worry about. in case of your friends talking about their bf just listen and if they ask you about your bf just say im not into that yet..and i dont rush things up

your pics are dam good! You should talk to your friends about this (girl ones). To me,u look attractive.

wow wat guy wouldn't want to date a girl such as cute pretty funny smart talented and awesome as you i mean really if the guys you know lose interest then why do they bother talking and being friends with you they don't know how lucky thy are to know you!! :)

i personally think its a guys lost because you seem cool and look pretty.