Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelSpainOther - Spain · 1 decade ago

Is it true in spain they throw donkeys off of roof tops?

I've heard this slightly strange story from two sources. I was wondering if there's a proper name for this practice.

EDIT: Ok so it's a festival. What's it called?

Absolutely true. But only on 1 day a year and only at 1 festival, a religious one of course!

True it happens in one small town where a live donkey is thrown from a church roof to it`s death,it`s now banned but was supposed to represent the throwing out of Spain of the Moors who were looked upon as "from the Devil",,a casting out of bad spirits,,quite why they picked on a donkey is beyond me though,but it will be documented on Google somewhere,

I dunno if they do it anymore, but they used to as tradition I guess. Well there are a few cases when they do it still, but the donkey is caught in a blanket or something.

Lol.

Urban Legend.

No.

Untrue!!

Source(s): I live in Spain.

I jolly well hope not.

I don't know. But that sure would be fun to try

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH.

you...just made me so happy. I seriously just cracked UP. ahaha idk i hope thats not true, but wow. that was so funny. hah that made my day. thank you.