What is Recon Armor in Halo 3 and why does everyone want it?

I am so sick of reading "I want recon armor bungie!" For some reason it just annoys me and even more surprising, I don't know what it is. I used to be a huge halo 3 fan before cod4 (not because of the storyline but because I was good in multiplayer). I am assuming that Recon Armor is somehow unlockable...so why do all the H3 fans keep bitching about it? Can someone please explain what Recon Armor is and why it is so important to the Halo 3 community.

Favorite Answer

Recon HELMET is a special armor peice that is only attainable if bungie themselves grant you this special privilege, bungie only gives recon to players who beat them in their special play list, or if that player has done something or achieved some sort of greatness in the halo community. So in a way having recon is showing a superiority to other halo players

Source(s): my knowledge (had halo since release date)
  • elsass

Halo 3 Recon

People are into the whole "give me recon" thing because its rare. bungie employees have it and others have it due to certain circumstances, for instance bungie (the game company that made halo, but you probably know that) gave out recon to people who could beat them online on a specific day. im with you in being sick of the bitching. i could care less if i had it. it wont make you play any better it just makes your character look different. hope this answers your question

Recon Armour is a very rare amour that is hard to achieve. The only way to get this armour is to be selected by Bungie to get it or completing all of the vidmaster chalenges. For Bungie to give Recon armour to you, you need to create a very good/amazing, funny or 'cool' map, video or screenshot and for it to get recognised by bungie or for it to go on bungie favourites. Bungie may also give it to you if you in a team of four beat them on bungy day (7/7/YYYY) or other special days. The otherway to get recon armour is to complete all of the vidmaster chalenges, the four on Halo3 and the three on Halo3: ODST. Whatever you do, do not ask Bungie for recon as they will ban you from it. Recon armour does not give any attributes or speccial abilities to the player, but people want it due to its popularity, its rareness and its looks. If you want to se how it looks go to this site

http://halowiki.net/p/Recon_Armor

Source(s): http://halowiki.net/p/Recon_Armor My Own Knowledge I Have Recon Armour

Recon armor used to be granted only to bungie employees and people who bungie think deserve it (like though a contest or cool machinima). Now thanks to new achievments in H3/H3 ODST (Vidmaster Achivments) people can get recon. Its sorta like the scout armor. I personally hate it.

Source(s): Halopeida

Its an armor that only bungie employees wear and the only way you can get it is to win some event.

Soon everyone will have access to it.

It is armour at the moment only available to members of bungie.

But if you complete the vid master challenges on Halo 3 and Halo:ODST it will be possible to unlock the armour. Everybody wants it because they wanna show off how ermm 'cool' they are.

Source(s): www.bungie.com

cause people are noobs, and think it is cool because it is hard to get.

but honestly its not hard, and the people who have it all cheat.

but, the people who don't flame, own ***, are not t-bagging *** holes, and where what ever armor they want are the best players honestly.

Need more information before I can give an answer