How do we tell our 9 year old bad news?

My stepdaughter came to live with us for a more stable life. She's adjusted well and is happy. We were renting a house...landlord did not pay the morgage with our rent...so now were getting kicked out because it's in forclusure. My credit is too low to buy, I have 3-6 months left on completely fixing it.... show more My stepdaughter came to live with us for a more stable life. She's adjusted well and is happy. We were renting a house...landlord did not pay the morgage with our rent...so now were getting kicked out because it's in forclusure. My credit is too low to buy, I have 3-6 months left on completely fixing it. There is no house in our neighborhood to rent, but their is some in an ajacent neigborhood. She will be going to the same school, same soccer team, but diffrent houses. She didnt really play with any kids in our neighborhood but one becuase he lived next door. How do we tell her.....will she get upset? My husband is already loosing his mind trying to figure out what to do before we have to get out. I feel so overwhelmed trying to be the rock...how do we tell my stepdaughter?
9 answers 9