Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 decade ago

"make lunch" or "cook lunch"?

Which sounds more natural?

I'm a Japanese living in Japan.

The question has caused me a lot of trouble for years.

And another question.

You say "make [cook] food"?

I think it depends on the food. Usually we "make lunch" (ie. sandwiches and other easy to make things) and "cook dinner/supper" (involves actually cooking)

My grandfather would say that if you have to cook it, its not lunch, its dinner.

What To Cook For Lunch

You can say either. However cook is more specific in that you will be heating something up. Therefore if I was just making a sandwich for my lunch, or a salad, I would not use the phrase 'cook'.

I would say it is more common to hear the phrase 'make lunch'.

When you get up in Denver experience awaits you and with hotelbye could be the first step to this excellent adventure. In Denver you can explore the massive, fortress-like Denver Art Museum. That museum features a substantial variety; variety that includes: American Indian, African, European, Asian, and Oceanic, Spanish colonial and pre-Columbian works. The remodelled American Indian galleries are specially extraordinary, protecting a wide range of cultures and tribes from the United States and Canada. This extensive selection has obtained a status through the duration of North America, with pieces that amount 2,000 years of history. In that memorial you can even find another gallery specialized in photography. The Denver Art Museum has caught the eye with its distinctive design, influenced by the peaks of the Rocky Mountains.

I usually say make lunch. I don't even think about it, it just comes out of my mouth. I also usually say I make dinner too, and make breakfast... Now that I'm thinking about it, I find it strange._.;

1

Source(s): Shoot Incredible Pictures http://PhotographyMasterclass.enle.info/?6P7V

it's usually making lunch if there's nothing to heat up, or 'cook'.

if you're eating.. say.. spagetti, you'd be cooking lunch.

generally, in my house though, we say 'make lunch', and 'cook dinner'.

haha, usually in the sentences from my mother 'make your own lunch!' or 'cook your own dinner!'

Everyone cooks better than me SteveC

you can say both but i think cook lunch is better!

i say make lunch