How many jews and gypsies died in nazi concentration camps.?

While the churches in germany turned their heads.Do they put it down all to gods will.

19 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best answer

In fact, the Vatican was supportive of it.

They had been organizing anti-semitism for a thousand years.

So, clearly it was god's will to put so many Jews to death. In fact, Hitler used nearly those very words, that he was doing 'god's will'.

reason number 71 why I don't believe in or worship such a deity.

• 1 decade ago

It's no secret that Pope Pius XII disliked the Jews. But then again Hitler disliked all religions. He wanted a secular Germany. During that time the Vatican was behind enemy lines, what choice did they have at the time? And it is true that Pope Pius XII ordered The Churches to look the other way, but there were still some Roman Catholic Priests and Parishioners that harbored the Jews. When they were caught by the Nazis they were also sent to the death camps along with the Jews. The only reason why Pope Pius XII got out of being tried as a war criminal is because President Franklin D. Roosevelt was also a Roman Catholic. To make amends for the Roman Catholic Church Pope Pius XII excommunicated the Cardinals and Bishops that were directly involved with assisting the Nazis in Germany.

Source(s): Roman Catholic- Only telling the Truth.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Over 6 million Jews and an estimated 600,000 gypsies died in the holocaust.

While millions of Non Jews and Non Gypsies were murdered in the camps, only the Jews and Gypsies were targeted for extermination. Only the Jewish and Gypsy infants were murdered.

• 1 decade ago

Here's a list of the number of Jewish people killed in total and the number killed in each camp; it also lists the number or Roma (Gypsies) killed (the exact total for the number of Roma murdered could be more because many Roma were murdered by firing squads in the woods and the Nazis didn't bother to record the number people they gunned down. Some authorities have estimated that the number of Roma killed during the Holocaust was around 500,000.

http://www.holocaustchronicle.org/HolocaustAppendi...

http://www.ushmm.org/wlc/media_nm.php?lang=en&Modu...

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Millions of people died in the concentration camps, including Jews, Gypsies, the mentally ill, gays, communists, Jehovah's Witnesses, Catholics and many others

• 1 decade ago

Jews: about 6 mil

Non-Jews (gays, disabled, gypsies, etc.): I've heard from 5 to 10 mil

Many Christians in Europe helped to hide people who the Nazis were searching for. Apparently you haven't read the Diary of Anne Frank.

Source(s): non-religious theist
  • Bill C
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

I don't have the exact figures for all the groups. I know the Jewish casualties were the highest, at 6 million.

There were also Gypsies, Communists, Homosexuals, Jehovah's Witnesses, Polish Catholics, as well as many Gentiles who were arrested for trying to rescue Jews.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Vatican was a great chum with the Nazis. Jews, around 6 million. The exact number of gypsies, I think nobody really knows.

• 1 decade ago

Depending on who you ask, it has been claimed that several millions of people were "terminated with extreme prejudice" by the Nazi's including Jews and Gypsies. The only way to know for certain is to count each name recorded in captured Nazi documents related to such activities. But where those documents are and what one needs to do to examine them, I don't know.

• 1 decade ago

Jews and people with Jewish ancestry? Between 5 and 6'5 millions.

Gypsies? Around 800 000

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.