tamtam asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

how do i lose 4 stones in just over 2 months? please help!?

i am going on holiday in just over 2 months, and it is so so sooo important to me that i lose at LEAST 3 stones if not 4...

i am really desperate and will also consider diet pills even LAXATIVES if i have to. this is not an ordinary holiday for me.

i am currently a size 14-16, weigh roughly 15st if not SLIGHTLY less. i want to go down to a dress size 12 if not 10, and im guessing 3 or 4 stones wil do tht..

can anyone please help me?

i have tried every diet under the sun, went gym 5 times a week for an hour n a half a day for two months but the results weren't significant enuf!

i need to do this fast.

i will appreciate all answers. does anyone have any suggestions?

thank you guys...just a quick question for Cora..i have heard of acai berry before, but just wanted to ask if u dnt mind, how much did u lose and in how long?

sammy, thank you for your advice, and i honestly do know how laxatives can be dangerous and addictive but im so desperate i have been dieting nearly all my life! and it is so important for me that i shed the stones, not pounds! lol and pretty fast too! the exercise i did, was cardio. it did help but i need something real effective! and i think its amazing u lost 6 stones, ur now my desired size! i want to be there too. but by november.

i understand tht this is not good for long term weight loss, but i reali need this to be quick specifically for my trip in november, and wen i am back i will do things the ryt way...but please for now..i need a quick solution if ne1 can kindly reccomend nething???

• SB

All of the above links are links to spam, if not viruses and/or trojans. I suggest you don't click on them.

Back to the question in hand, you really can't lose that much in such a short period of time.

Yes, you could eat nothing but a few apples a day & make your way through laxatives. But let me tell you this, your body will go into what is called 'starvation mode', what happens is your body begins to basically eat itself, eat its muscle - NOT fat.

Now the fat will disappear, but instead of turning into a nice thin body with no saggy skin. The fat will just head south and sag. You will look worse saggy, than you do large.

Now talking about laxatives, you're running the risk of seriously damaging your whole colon system. Without meaning to sound gross and putting anyone off food for the next few hours, your body will become used to having runny stools, therefore, the muscles in your rectum will become used to not needing to work. In the long run (and I'm talking a few months of abusing laxatives here; it is all it can take) you will be 'going' to the toilet, without even realising.

Also, not to mention the serious dehydration you'll be having. Which will lead to migraines, vomiting, no doubt diarrhoea. Since I presume you'll be eating very little, you are likely to be hospitalised as your health will deteriorate SO quickly.

I'm not telling you that to scare you, nor to irritate you, simply to make you aware of how stupid it is to put your whole life at risk, to lose a few poxy stones.

Now, I myself have lost just under 6 stones, so I know my advice works.

Eat around 1,300 calories a day, if you're hungry after eating 1,300 calories, prepare a fruit dessert or a chicken salad - do not let yourself go hungry.

Exercise for at least one hour per day. You didn't say what exercise you were doing, but you should have been absolutely sweating to the max - we ladies glow actually, not sweat!

Instead of just using a treadmill (for example) get your bottom back to the gym and learn how to lift weights. You won't become bulky, nor get a 6 pack like a man! You will be burning fat MUCH quicker and also toning muscle - perfect!

I recommend asking a trainer at the gym to show you how to properly use the weights as you can cause a nasty injury to yourself.

So one day, RUN (not jog or walk) for 30 minutes around your area. As well as running for 30 minutes, spend around 45 minutes doing another form of exercising. It could be cycling, swimming, playing tennis, doing a workout DVD - whatever you want, providing it gets your heart racing and you sweating.

Then the next day, don't do any running, skipping, dancing, etc. But go to the gym and do some weight lifting. Work on all muscles while you're there, you may need time to be able to do lots of sets. But start on 5 reps, 10 sets, if you can manage. If not, simply do less sets.

You probably won't be able to run flat out for 30 minutes as you are now, but your body will soon get used to it.

I also recommend you grab a friend to come with you, it can get pretty boring by yourself & added support is always a bonus!

Like I said, I have lost just under 6 stones, around 5 stones 9lbs last time I checked. I was a size 22(UK) I am now a size 8-10(UK).

It took me the best part of 2 years to lose the weight. However, I had a thyroid problem & I have PCOS, both of which made it harder for me to lose weight.

I hope I have helped & hope you lose as much as you want. But please, don't risk your overall health just to lose a few more pounds, it really isn't worth it.

Source(s): My own experience.

u can't, ur not heavy enough to lose that much weight in 2 months, u cold prob lose about half that if u barely ate and did a shitload of cardio, but even that much weight for someone ur height and current weight would be pretty serious, any nutrionist or trainer would tell you that to lose the amount of weight ur trying to lose would take you a year minimum, more like 56 weeks, coz they say a lb a week, if you really wanna lose that much weight in 2 months, even if you did lipo, u couldn't lose that weight, you could always replace your current drug addiction(coca cola) with a drug addiction that'll get you better results, hey you drink all that coke anyways, that shits just as bad if not worse than most drugs

An unrealistic goal like that pretty much dooms you from the start.

Weight loss involves lifestyle change and thus necessitates a long term view.You must reduce your calorie intake whilst maintaining a balanced diet and do much more exercise,long term!

Source(s): GP for more years than I care to remember

The crap answer is you cant, I dont think its posible

What is possible is what calories you burn and what you take in

If you burn more than you take in you will lose weight simple fact (dont be fooled, a big bowl of fruit (BIG bowl) can have lots of calories also, and more than you think.

Gym sessions sounds great, thats great commitment, I seriously think your commitment is incredible, you should seriously look at your calorie intake

The ONLY way to loose weight is to EAT LESS! All these diets are just rubbish. Think about it, in any country where there is a shortage of food - there are NO fat people. Just don't eat as much and you'll loose weight.

Source(s): Being a staff nurse, and having common sense.

Just cut it off! No seriously Sαмміе Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ advice is the best.

Hi, here is a program that will teach you everything you need to know about losing it and keeping it off. just copy and paste to your address bar to check it out

Source(s): yourfatburningfurnace.com how-to-drop-fat-fast.blogspot.com