Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

im 8 1/2 stone and looking to lose around a stone within 3 weeks for my holiday . any advice im 13 thank u?

im 13 and looking to lose about a stone in 3 weeks ready for my holiday .i will take any advice .I will do anything cut out food ,do a routine etc..

• ny

When you are losing weight, you should exercise and diet together.

If you exercise without dieting, you will get bigger appetite, which

will lead to increase of weight, or muscle grow

underneath the fat layer, and make you bulkier. If you diet without

exercising, you will become flabby and will have excess skin. For

diet, go wheat free. No pasta, pizza, bread and so on. And no food

after 7 p.m. People achieve marvellous results with it. Depending on

your initial weight, you can drop upwards from 20 pounds a month. If

you don't eat wheat then you don't eat all those sticky, fatty goey

cakes, you don't eat junk food, and you don't eat biscuits. But your

diet is still balanced. It costs nothing, and you do not have to

calculate points or to buy special meals or plans. For exercising,

start with walking, and then switch to running/jogging. Running is the

most efficient and calorie-burn exercise ever. If you are overweight a

lot, walk first or you may have health complications (heart attack,

disjointed bones and so on). Weight lifting is a good means to target

your problem areas for men and women. It's not necessarily to become a

bodybuilder or even join a gym - a couple of dumbbells will help you

to target your problem areas (stomach, butt, legs, arms, chest).

Really, losing that much weight that quickly can put a strain on yourr heart. I should know - i'm 14 and i did that last year. i ended up in hospital - they thought i could end up with heart conditions if i didnt put the weight back on. Try and aim for losing 2 - 3 lb a week - that way it's a minimum of 6 lb and a maximum of 9 lb so over half a stone.

But in order to do it, its simple - don't completely cut certain foods out, you need to eat MORE fruit and veg, and eat LESS fatty foods and you'll be on the right track. Make sure you keep a healthy balanced diet though too.

Don't make the mistake i made, please. Think up a diet plan. know how many calories are in each meal and make sure there are much healthier foods in there.

Go for a jog with the dog (if you have one) in the afternoon and burn off any unwanted calories. But please, don't go over the top.

You don't want to end up in hospital when you are supposed to be jetting off on holiday.

I hope i helped and good luck with it!

:)

• elle

Denise Austin 21 day Jump Start book. It really works for diet toning and cardio. Good luck.

• 132

Any time you reach for a junk snack replace it with one bit of fruit or veg instead. Swap white bread/pasta with wholemeal and swap any takeaway/readymeals/unhealthy dinners with a small portion of lean meat and a big portion of veg.

• Carol

Rofl, nice question. Uhm.. I'm 15, 5.5 ft tall, and I weigh a maximum of 1O5 (right after I finished eating). I eat alot, I don't exercise at all. Maybe its cause of my high metabolism, or.. it could be: CHINESE FOOD IS GOOD FOR YOUR DIET AND HEALTH? Idk, I eat alot of stuff. But mostly that. And I stay real skinny and light weight :)