Questions about alimony in california?

I am in the starting process of a divorce. My wife claims she doesnt want alimony and she is currently on unemployment but looking for a job. We are going to sell the house and she is going to take most assests there isnt much i want anyway. I have a question if she waves alimony when we agreee on the split of the... show more I am in the starting process of a divorce. My wife claims she doesnt want alimony and she is currently on unemployment but looking for a job. We are going to sell the house and she is going to take most assests there isnt much i want anyway. I have a question if she waves alimony when we agreee on the split of the sale of the home and agree to pay off all bills and go our own ways. Is she able to later on after the divorce come after me for alimony. My worry is i do own property i had before marriage in another state she cant touch that. But the worry i have is right now im cash straped because of the marriage but in the future i know i will be inheriting a large substantial amount of money. I just want to know if i should put a clause in the time of the divorce i will not ever seek any of her assets or alimoney and she will not seek any of mine. Just trying to protect my self and my inheritance that she knows will be headed my way someday. Im trying to be fair with her we are just living on two seperate planets these days.
3 answers 3