Chinese shop signs covered by cops... Italy like (once) South Africa?

欢迎中国人 Yesterday in Prato (near Florence), a decree was issued by the maire, ordering to hide all shop signs where "italian language is not prevailing". Policemen hastened to cover all shop signs in chinese by means of black rubbish bags, and heavily fined the unlucky shopkeepers. I find it simply... show more 欢迎中国人

Yesterday in Prato (near Florence), a decree was issued by the maire, ordering to hide all shop signs where "italian language is not prevailing". Policemen hastened to cover all shop signs in chinese by means of black rubbish bags, and heavily fined the unlucky shopkeepers.

I find it simply appalling.. and you?

[ I mean: of course, in all Italy signs as "American bar" or "coiffeur pour dame" or "boutique de Paris" or "Doner kebab" are ... thousands! And they always have been there (for decades, without ever been fined or removed).

Therefore, this action is a clear attack against chinese people, who committed the unforgivable "crime" to offer average quality goods (particularly clothes, just in Prato, the italian capital of textiles) at really LOW prices.

I feel and express the highest esteem for those sober hard-working people, who (generally speaking) don't live above their means as many of us do here, in the country of occult monopolies, agreements under the table, legalized usury, sly trusts (e.g. banks, insurances), speed limits at 60 km/h in wide and straight motorways (just to bleed your bucks ^ ^), and such...

Chinese (of course not everyone, ok) appear to belong to the few people who really work here, and "earn their daily loaf with the sweat of their brow" (as my grandad used to say). This way they're defying our "unwritten rules", the easygoing comfortable life led by our own lazy short-sighted shopkeepers, always trying to sell their goods before buying them... ]