Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CareFirst Aid · 1 decade ago

Why cant i move my thumb independently without my index finger moving too?

When ever i try to move my thumb my index finger moves along with it.. and so does my middle finger a little bit.. my step dad says i mite have corpal tunnel.. id like to know what it rly is before i rly start worrying

• Favourite answer

Its just the way you are. Is it bothering you? If it isn't bothering you, then its nothing to worry about. and I mean bothering you as in pain or handicap.

By the way, its carpal tunnel. Carpal tunnel syndrome can cause tingling, numbness, weakness, or pain in the fingers or hand. Some people may have pain in their arm between their hand and their elbow.

Symptoms most often occur in the thumb, index finger, middle finger, and half of the ring finger. If you have problems with your other fingers but your little finger is fine, this may be a sign that you have carpal tunnel syndrome. A different nerve gives feeling to the little finger.

You may first notice symptoms at night. You may be able to get relief by shaking your hand.

I had braces on my backside tooth and that i did no longer sense any soreness whilst they have been utilized. The length of the technique is set via the quantity of artwork you go with accomplished. I had 4 tooth that have been mildly crooked and that i had to placed on braces for some twelve months and a 0.5 or much less via some months. The braces will circulate your tooth maximum probable interior the 1st month. they're going to seem completely lined up ideal away, yet make no mistake that in the event that they braces are bumped off at this element they're going to easily return to their undesired state. the 1st couple months could be the main painful. i could no longer eat sandwiches for a on an analogous time as. whenever you chew right into a stable nutrition, it particularly is going to sense as in the journey that your tooth are moving and that's extremely painful. The soreness won't final long, however. whenever you have your braces tightened, despite if, you will sense some soreness for a week.