I got an email that i win 1000000 GBP is it false?

Follow
  • Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
Best Answer
  • Wonka answered 5 years ago
Of course it is. Don't give anyone your account details. This is obviously what they are after.
  • Rate
  • Comment

Other Answers (6)

Rated Highest
  • Rated Highest
  • Oldest
  • Newest
  • Mario answered 5 years ago
    ANY e-mail you recieve that claims that you won something (unless it's a legitimate e-mail from some legal contest you entered etc.) is usually always just SPAM. JUNK. FALSE. Don't believe them. There's a LOT of scammers out there who are stealing money from the innocent and naive. Just don't allow yourself to be one of them.
    • 1
    • Comment
  • RóGéR answered 5 years ago
    It's a scam,just delete it.
    and have a great day
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Chaz answered 5 years ago
    If you haven't entered any competitions then it is a scam.
    I got an e-mail from someone in Nigeria saying they had some money for me from dead relatives! they wanted some money to release the funds!I e-mailed them back to tell them there are no Nigerians in this family!
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Swanny answered 5 years ago
    Depends.

If you just got the e-mail out of the blue -- without having entered some sort of legitimate drawing, contest, sweepstake, or something, for example -- then it is false.

You answer that email and they're going to be spamming you a hundred useless messages a day.

Trust me, nothing is for free. If it's too good to be true, it often is, then.

If they ask you for personal information once you get on their site (where are they going to 'really' mail your prize to, after all?), then that's a sure way to know it's a scam. They'll steal your info and whatever else you give them. Sometimes they'll ask you for a 'small' shipping and handling charge to get your prize to you through the mail.

'All' those poor conned people's shipping and handling soon adds up, making 'them' a fortune. Sadly leaving the conned... well, conned.

It's false, and I wouldn't fall for it if I were you.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • ? answered 5 years ago
    Of course it's false. My main rule is - If something appears too good to be true, then it usually is.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Nezman answered 5 years ago
    Urm yes i would say that is false
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Sign In 

to add your answer

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Member since:
    Points: Points: Level
    Total answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block

Unblock