School dinners Mint custard?

I am talking about years ago my husband used to have chocolate sponge and mint custard can do choc sponge no probs but when it comes to the mint custard he tells me it not taste right any old dinner ladies out there can help a despairing wife of a man going though his second childhood with his five year old.

mint custard

300mls milk

20grms cornflour

2 tbsp caster sugar

peppermint extract

green food colouring (optional)

1.Measure 300mls milk into a jug

2.In a small bowl mix together the sugar and cornflour and several tablespoons of the milk to make a smooth paste.

3.Place the milk in a pan and add the cornflour and sugar paste.Stir well to combine and slowly bring to the boil stirring all the time.

4.As the mixture thickens add the peppermint extract to taste.If using add the food colouring.

• ardoin

Mint Custard

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

School dinners Mint custard?

I am talking about years ago my husband used to have chocolate sponge and mint custard can do choc sponge no probs but when it comes to the mint custard he tells me it not taste right any old dinner ladies out there can help a despairing wife of a man going though his second childhood with his five...

Source(s): school dinners mint custard: https://biturl.im/aUaWG

Nicked this from a food forum:

"hi i was a school cook for 20 years the way we made the mint custard was cornflour @sugar mixed with milk to a paste then pour into boiled milkand stirred to thicken we then added peppermint flavouring to taste you then use green food colouring to colour. Icannot remember the exact quantities you will have to play about with it"

a massive piece of steamed sponge with a layer of strawberry jam on top, with custard. I know most people think its disgustin but i always used to ask for the skin off the custard too. The sponge would always stick to the roof of your mouth!! and..... The plain or chocolate shortbread if it had just been baked and was still warm and crumbly and moist!! Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!x

Mint custard!!! Wow I have never ever heard of that!!! I don't even remember having it at school - I do remember chocolate custard though - i think?????

• me me

1pt Milk

2oz Butter

4oz Sugar

Peppermint essence

Green Food colouring

Cornflour to thicken

Put milk, butter, sugar in thick bottomed saucepan, bring slowly to the boil, slate cornflour with small amount of water and whisk into milk, cook out cornflour, add food colouring and essence until you have the colour and flavour that suits your taste

ok

this is your reispe

Ingredients

200 ml milk

3 egg yolks

40 g sugar

1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence

1 tablespoon creme de menthe

1 teaspoon chopped mint leaf

Directions

1Bring the milk, vanilla essence to the boil in a heavy-based saucepan.

2Whisk the egg yolks and sugar until white in colour.

3Slowly add the hot milk to the egg mixture.

4Return the custard back to a clean saucepan and gently reheat until the custard coasts the back of your spoon.

5Do not boil.

6Refrigerate until cold and fold in crème de menthe and mint leaves.

just made my first mint custard after months and months trying to work it ou, and wow lush

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/axZcz

I loved cornflake tarts at school. That and the caramel shortcake with the thick slab of chocolate on top (Which they sell in asda and tesco's now thankfully!)