Anonymous
Anonymous asked in EnvironmentOther - Environment · 1 decade ago

Ideas for high school Environmental Club projects?

I need some ideas for projects and/or fundraisers for my high school Environmental Club. We live on Guam, so there are a lot of chances for hikes, but unfortunately not as many chances for recycling. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Vision: The Environmental Club, a student centered organization, aims to better the environment through service projects benefiting our local and global community.

Mission: The Larned High School Environmental Club will be a welcoming environment for students and staff to learn about and engage in better environmental stewardship.

Possible Projects & Events

Volunteer at the Recycling Center

Adopt-a-highway

Raise money for various organizations (i.e. Animal Shelter, Arbor Day Foundation, Greenpeace, etc.)

Global Warming debates

Develop the activities webpage with tips for improving our environment

Promote environmental awareness days—Earth Day

Participate in a global recycle project such as Run the Planet

Promote environmental awareness with students of all ages and the community

Refer to Earth Team and Earth Tomorrow, national organizations aimed to assist high school environmental clubs, for other project ideas and assistance

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

Environmental Projects For High School

• gjokaj
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Environmental Club Ideas

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Ideas for high school Environmental Club projects?

I need some ideas for projects and/or fundraisers for my high school Environmental Club. We live on Guam, so there are a lot of chances for hikes, but unfortunately not as many chances for recycling. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Source(s): ideas high school environmental club projects: https://tr.im/KrVFH
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

draw up a design for a house that is almost 100% self sustaining. Passive solar for heat, active solar for electricity, wind power, rainwater harvesting from the roof, garden for food, chickens for meat and eggs, the chickens would also produce the fertilizer needed for your garden, electric vehicle recharged by solar generator, composting your table scraps to be used in the garden for fertilizer, etc. etc.

• 1 decade ago

Making bird feeders is a fun and easy way to encourage wildlife and biodiversity. The blue peter website is bound to have some good crafts that you can make together...

• 1 decade ago

look into your water/waste water usage/disposal. i'm sure there will be areas where your club can help.

• 1 decade ago

planting trees and plants

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.