Spiritually speaking: Life insurance sales agent?

I recently graduated with a BFA in graphic design and have put my resume on several job search websites. I keep getting emails from a company that sells life insurance wanting to set up an interview. I am just wondering what this field is like, starting pay, and daily routine, etc. Will leaving my low paying entry level graphic design job for an unrelated job hurt my career if I want to get hired by a big name design firm later down the road when they are hiring again?

>Sigh<

I know...this is one of the few catagories that isn't dead.

>Sigh<

>Sigh<

>Sigh<

>Sigh<

>Sigh<

>Sigh<

>Sigh<

Life insurance sales is purely commission based. Depending on the type of policy you sell you can have commissions from about 20% of annual premiums to as much as 85% first year premiums and a small residual thereafter. The bottom line is that you have to sell sell sell and in this economy nothing is selling - worst yet life insurance as people who generally buy it do so from "excess" funds which they are now saving for "rainy days"

My advise - stay with what you are trained to do. Don't expend energy to dig several wells to find water - instead stay with one and keep at it - the water table is the same several feet down which can be easier to reach if you keep digging the same hole.

Don't go for some company you've never heard of. If you haven't heard of them, there's a reason. It's probably spam. Spiritually speaking.

And from what I've noticed, to do really well at selling life insurance, you have to be pretty serious about it.

If they are emailing you for a job you didn't apply for, and isn't even an apparent good match, something is just wrong there. I'd steer away from that.

If graphics work is what you want to do, then do that. Sales is a very particular personality type and not for everyone.

Business & Finance; Careers & Employment.....spiritually speaking, of course.

Spiritually speaking, part of your income will be based on commission.

• Stick with your dream. Money isn't all it's cracked up to be.

All life insurance salesmen are evil

spiritually speaking