Straight from the horses mouth......?

I admit it-I was once a 9/11 truther. I was also pretty far left in the past too. I started thinking more rationally though, and came to my senses. Now that I have, I have been studying how conspiracy theories work-and have come up with these signs of a conspiracy theory- 1. An intense hatred/fear or... show more I admit it-I was once a 9/11 truther. I was also pretty far left in the past too.

I started thinking more rationally though, and came to my senses.

Now that I have, I have been studying how conspiracy theories work-and have come up with these signs of a conspiracy theory-

1. An intense hatred/fear or denial of the perpetrators of the conspiracy
2. Outright denial of any evidence that challenges the theory
3. Multiple and even contradictory arguments on the same theory
4. Belief that all others are blind sheep
5. The theory cannot die regardless of any evidence against it (Elvis is still alive, the moon landing was fake, lizard people secretly rule the world, this or that group secretly controls the world, 9/11 was an inside job and Obama was born in Kenya)

Those were all present in me at that time.

As a far leftist, I was opposed outright to anything Bush did-because I was lead to think that way.

The human mind wants shortcuts-it want's someone or something to hate.

What better way than a conspiracy theory that targets that someone/something?

So my question is-

Straight form the horses mouth-isn't the "truther" movement just like the "birther" movement?
Update: John-You copy/pasted that entire thing, I checked-it's on several different websites.

I did the same thing, too when I was a 9/11 truther.
Update 2: Anti-Silence-That 9/11 was used as an excuse for much of what happened and is still happening, I will not deny. But that it was orchestrated by the many ways I was told it was, I do consider now ridiculous.
Update 3: Justgoodfolk-Yes, I mean Far Left from the American Perspective. In any case, I was at first a strict adherent, then as you say-an agnostic on the issue. I do, however-want to take time to thank you and others who were patient with me on the matter though and helped me to see what I was unwilling to see... show more Justgoodfolk-Yes, I mean Far Left from the American Perspective.

In any case, I was at first a strict adherent, then as you say-an agnostic on the issue.

I do, however-want to take time to thank you and others who were patient with me on the matter though and helped me to see what I was unwilling to see before-as it was less than a year ago that I still had some belief in the theory.