Front loading or top loading washing machines are better?

I need to change my washing machine which is now top loading.Need to know if top loading machines are better or front loading machines are better.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best answer

In the UK nearly all home automatics are front-loaders.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Personally, Front-Loading Washing Machines.

• Sharon
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Front Load washing machine. It can save more water

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

In the UK 99.9% of machines are front loading. The biggest manufacturer in Europe, Italian Merloni, only make front loaders, so I reckon they are the best bet.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

The front loaders are better cleaning, use less water and less soap and your clothes come out almost dry but you can now get the same unit in a top loader. If you get a front loader I would suggest the racks they sit on. It makes it not so low to the ground!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

front loading...and to save space get the stack-able one where you can put the dryer on top of the washer which of course then has to be front loading...i personally like front loading because there is no agitator like the top ones..(i don't know if you can get top ones with no agitators but best to my knowledge you cant)

Source(s): personal opinion
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You can read about pros and cons of front and top loading washing machines here:

http://indiahometips.com/semi-automatic-vs-automat...

• 1 decade ago

Front loading or easier to get at if your appliance is in a small room.However if you have lots of room i suggest top loading.

• 1 decade ago

I love top loading. Front loading is for driers and laundromats.

• 1 decade ago

front loadking

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.