Alpines or JL Audio 6" speakers?

Alright right now 2/4 the speakers in my car are now Alpine S types, 2X 6" with 2X 1" component tweeters. This is the rear side, the fronts got some alpines from the 1990s & I want to replace them with fresh ones, & make my entire system Alpines. I started on S Alpines since they dont need a amp, & to get... show more Alright right now 2/4 the speakers in my car are now Alpine S types, 2X 6" with 2X 1" component tweeters. This is the rear side, the fronts got some alpines from the 1990s & I want to replace them with fresh ones, & make my entire system Alpines. I started on S Alpines since they dont need a amp, & to get R or X Alpines a car needs one. Im not going to own the car long enough for me to want to put all that equipment into it, & its a small 87 sentra coupe

Today I got shown some JL Audio TRs, & was told their entire lineup beats Alpines. But Ive not heard much about JL, & always believed Alpine made speakers real good. Should I just finish my car with Alpine S types, or get JL Audios?
Update: Ive loved Alpines since day 1, Im just seeing what youve heard on JL Audio
5 answers 5