Help me with my addiction about the Harry Potter books?

I just saw the 6th Harry Potter book and now i'm depressed. I'm depressed because I know the books aren't real. I'm also depressed because I never met Emma Watson b4 and I want to meet her badly. The books r just so good, and I read all of them about 2 times. I just want to move on in my life, it's just, I get sad because everyone else is doing stuff in their life, while I just sit here watching t.v. or fantasizing about the Harry Potter books. About Emma Watson, she's doing a lot of stuff, like I saw her on Live with regis and kelly, the today show, etc. I'm 14 years old and I don't. I was going to hang out with friends, it's just I get to nervous, so that's when I start dreaming about the books and Emma Watson. Will somebody please help me. I know this is hard to understand.

Everyone, I hope you know I'm a boy and not a girl. I know it sounds stupid, but I'm depressed because I never got to meet Emma Watson. That last comment from torie20 just got to me. Thanks for the answers though

I'm not mad at torie20 either, I know what she means about people likeing harry potter more than twilight

• M M

Oh, sweetie, DON'T move on with your life just yet. 14 is the perfect age for this kind of thing!

You like and admire Emma Watson and that's perfectly okay so long as you're not doing weird stalky stuff! ;>)

I was crazy about a few actors when I was 14 and everyone thought I was nuts, but since I was 14, it was okay.

Later on I moved on to other things, but yanno something, decades later I will see a pic of those actors, and they make me smile and feel GOOD. After you grow up, there's not that many things to smile about. Treasure it!

I think writing things out might help you, as your post is very eloquent.

How about imagining yourself meeting Emma Watson? How would you like that experience to go? Imagine something wonderful, like maybe you won a contest and she takes you on a tour of the movie set and tells you all about how they did this shot or that scene. Write all that out. You don't need to show it to anyone, it can be just between you and Emma.

But no stalking! :wink:

Enjoy Harry, his world, and the actors in that world. Life's short and 14 is the shortest year in it.

Just to build on what M M said, you could also try writing fan fiction, if you're interested in writing. I think it would be a great way to channel your obsession into something ...useful? fun? I can't think of the word. But it would be good for you, I think. Writing is communication. You can write to communicate your own interpretations of the world of HP, and such, and imagine Emma Watson in your head as Hermione as you write it. It could work. You could post it on fanfiction.net.

As for what torie20 said, what she means is that any Twilight-related obsession is met with disdain and rudeness, while any Harry Potter-related obsession is met with kindness and sympathy. It's *not* fair, but I can see why it is that way. Anyway, that's not the point of the question so I won't go on about that :)

Well, they always say that the first step to solving a problem is admitting that there is one in the first place. Knowing that they aren't real is a good step. There are several things that might help.

First, write the actors or JK Rowling a letter. Tell them how much you love the books and movies. Sometimes just writing something down can help.

Second, you can write or read a fan-fiction. Fan-fictions are stories written by fans such as yourself. There are many "self insertion" types, where the author writes the same story, but as if they themselves were the main character interacting with the main story line. Then there are fictions about the past or future, with characters that weren't elaborated upon.

Just remember, it's alright to dream and hope. As long as you truly don't believe that you are in the story, you can do what you wish, and believe in what you want.

It's easy for me to understand. When I was a little kid I used to think that the world of Harry Potter was real. Everyone thought I was a little crazy, and no one wanted to play Harry Potter with me. I was reading the books at the age of three, and I was so obsessed.

It just seems such a cool world full of cool stuff like magic. How awesome would it be to go to Hogwarts ?! When I was growing up, I used to think that when I turned 11, I would get a Hogwarts letter.

The letter never came. :(. It was horrible. I shut myself in my room for three days and cried. I was so obsessed and I couldn't let it go.

To this day; I am always thinking about Harry Potter. I'm almost 14, and still so completely obsessed. The obsession never fades, it will always be there.

When I first saw Emma Watson, I thought she was so pretty and awesome. So I used to obsess over what I wore everywhere, and my hair always had to be perfect. And then I'd see what my friends were wearing and be like, 'nuuuuuuuu....! I totally suck!'.

When I got Harry Potter and the half-blood prince, I was so upset when I read about Dumbledore's death. I started crying and my mum was like "...."

To me, it's just so real. Everything that happens, everything that doesn't happen... it's all so real. People can make fun of us, and people can ditch Harry Potter for Twilight, but WE are the TRUE Harry Potter fans! And WE are the ones that keep the world of Harry Potter alive and living.

Don't be ashamed of your addiction, my friend. Don't let others bring you down. Harry Potter is apart of you, and that's the way it's always going to be. Be PROUD to say that YOU are a Harry Potter fan.

Us Harry Potter fans are better than the Twilight fans. Here we are, talking about WHY we love Harry Potter, and all they ever do is go "mmm... i luv rob he is so smexy."

HARRY POTTER FANS UNITE!!!!

But you've got to make room for socialisation. You can still hold onto Harry Potter, but you've got to allow yourself to do things. Hang out with your friends, enjoy yourself. If you really want to get your mind away from HP, then that will help.

Your friends will distract your thoughts and you'll find that it's actually kinda fun hanging out with them and socializing with others. But in the end, Harry Potter will always be there, and nothing can change that.

:]

At least you haven't yet gotten to the point where you know you've read each Harry Potter book 20+ times and have a HP fanfiction up on your other browser window.

Anyways, just branch out and read other books and watch other T.V shows. You don't have to hang out with friends a lot, but taking up a sport really helps a lot.

You think you have a bad addiction? YOU can still count the number of times you have read the books. I have lost track... However, I still feel for you because I have an addiction too. There is no getting rid of a HP addiction. You just keep on reading the books and having fun. Sometimes I get frustrated because I know the books aren't real but still think of what would happen if I was accepted to Hogwarts.

yeah, they're good books, but you're right, they're not real.

there's no problem with being a fan, but it seems like you're allowing your obsession to interfere with your social life, which is not good.

the best thing i can say, is that you should try to join a club at school (when school resumes) like art, or debate, or anything that you love to do. or maybe try doing sports. just get involved with some out of the house activities, and trust me you'll be fine. if it helps, maybe try to pick up a hobby that one of the characters (ron, harry, hermione etc) in the book would like. you know the characters better than i do, so be creative, this might make you feel closer to the story or something, i dont know..

this question made me thik of the fact that my high school has a quidditch team :) ahhaha

Source(s): me

When you get nervous you have to remember Harry Potter. Think of how nervous he was to get on that train to Hogwarts not knowing what awaited him. You have to get on your own train. Although the journey from platform 9 3/4 is not real it does not mean that life is not full of wonderful fantastic things. You need to remember that if you spend all your time wishing for what can never be you may miss out on your very own adventure that has all the possibilities of being even greater that Mr. Potter's.

This is NOT fair.

If you were talking about an obsession with Twilight, everyone would be like "You're a stupid little fangirl! Edward's not real! Get over it, freak!"

But no, since it's about the almighty Harry Potter, everyones nice about it =\

edit: sorry about my comment. I just get angry about that stuff sometimes..and i had to rant. lol. i didnt mean to sound rude. even tho i kinda did.

I'm not quite as addicted, but I have the same general problem. I don't even know how many times I've read the books or seen the movies.