Joey asked in HealthMental Health · 1 decade ago

do you self harm or ever have?

or ever have im not gonna juge its just a queston and you dont have to anser

i self harm so yeah im not gonna say any thing bad to you

i have mildly self-harmed since i was a kid. I began cutting in sophomore year of HS and gradually let my dependency on it worsen until I stopped cutting last April. Thats like only 3 years I guess. It's caused me a lot of guilt, embarrassment, and confusion.

I don't plan on cutting again for a very very long time. I feel more or less done with it for now. My scars are like a tattoo that represent the validity of my experience.

I hope you dont keep up this cutting business. It's like walking in a blind circle, isn't it?

• ?

Try reading Red Tears by Joanna Kendrick. It's all about self harm and it can be vey triggering, but I've heard that it's helped a lot of people get through some really **** times. My best friend self harmed for years and it really upset me that she wanted to do it to herself. Reading the book helped me to understand why she did it, but I've been told it's also given self harmers great perspective on their situation.

Source(s): Red Tears- Joanna Kendrick

Used to do it alot. People are very judgemental about this topic but it's a fairly common occurance- 1 in 10 teenagers in the Uk are self harmers

I've been so depressed that I've wanted to try it as a distraction. But every time as soon as I start feeling just a little bit of pain I can't continue. So I guess the answer is basically no.

I have been self harming for awhile now. This website www.recoveryourlife.com is a great community of self harmer's, and they provide lots of support and encouragement. Im trying to get to recovery, and I hope you are too!

No - I don't cut myself. But I've caused self harm in other ways by drinking too much, doing drugs, laying out in the sun too long and smoking.

I firmly believe in therapy - it has helped me

yes i did today. nothing to be proud of, but sometimes it feels like the only way out, i know better though. I am a believer in Christ instead of going to him i cut myself, so in a way in the end it makes me feel worse than when i started... yet again i get that 'release.'

I use to cut all the time. The only thing that got me to quit was my husband would cut himself when he would found out about me cutting. Then I guess I kinda understood why he didn't like me doing it.

• MLC :)

I used to every day. But then i finally stopped. I promised my mom i wouldnt anymore. But i always have that urge to still. Its like a drug..so addicting D:

Add me on Myspace if you'd like :) [im not a sexual predator]

http://www.myspace.com/iheartsk8e72s28

I used to. I was really depressed and angry over a guy playing me so I started cutting. But I've found happiness in Jesus and I don't need to do that anymore. =)