Unsure of how to deal with my daughter's growing attitude problem?

My once sweet adorable, perfect 10 month old daughter has suddenly developed somewhat of an attitude problem. I though that wouldn't come until she was at least 2 :) If I don't give her what she wants the very second she wants it, she'll throw a fit. She'll throw her body on the ground and scream.... show more My once sweet adorable, perfect 10 month old daughter has suddenly developed somewhat of an attitude problem. I though that wouldn't come until she was at least 2 :) If I don't give her what she wants the very second she wants it, she'll throw a fit. She'll throw her body on the ground and scream. She refuses to let me spoon feed her anymore. She'll grab the spoon out of my hand and throw it across the room. So I gave up on that and she eats by herself. If she doesn't want to do something (like have her diaper and clothes changer or get in her car seat) she'll try desperately to get away and try to hit and bite me in the process. She's turning out to be annoyingly stubborn and it's not so cute anymore...especially in the grocery store when I'm trying to put her in the cart and she's screaming and flailing around. I'm not sure of how I should handle it. My husband seems to think that spanking her will do the trick, but I stand firm on my notion that she's way to young for that. Maybe if she was 3 or 4, but definitely not a 10 months old. Should I ignore it? Everyone I ask tells me to spank her, but I'm not putting my hands on my 10 month old infant. Help!