1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Nice write shultzie

I wrote my Grandmother's obit. I tried to put in her happiness

but I think I left out much due to my sorrow

• Dondi
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Strange you should write of this, maybe they are right when they say poets have a spiritual bond. I was thinking of this yesterday. It would be great if, as in the Harry Potter books, there was a way to pull out the memories and let everyone see for themselves. Or a machine to do a memory dump at the end to get the true story of someone's life. "Just the facts", doesn't tell us who he was or what he was, just that he was, and is no more. That is one reason I write poetry. Some day someone will read it and know who I was, and know why I did what I did, even if they know me not.

• 4 years ago

You can't write it yourself. If you were lying about that, there is no way you can get out of it. You have to bring in a copy of the death certificate or obituary notice from the paper. The obituary has to mention you as a relative. Serves you right for lying about a death. That is horrible.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Hello - yeah, I'm a newspaper hack.

I used to write obituaries because the families were too ... upset ... or whatever to write them on their own.

Obituaries are rarely anything but generic praises of the lives of sinners and saints and everyone in between. Rarely, if ever, do the words express the true nature of the deceased.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I imagine - that close friends or relatives - do offer to write - an obit. Say all the nice things - of course. Who wishes to mention the trials - the things that make us suffer - the places where true courage is shown. These obits are rare - and must be well-written ♥

http://aka.zero.jibjab.com/assets/production/01/08...

• 1 decade ago

Good Sunday afternoon, Shultzie!! My Grandfather,Fred Schumm died 30 years ago this month,my point is while in his 50's he wrote his own obituary. Saying pretty much what you had written. When he passed he was 81, and he had updated it three times. The last time was his 70th birthday. If I didn't know any better, I'd say you knew him or are a relative, So we all pretty much have ours written. Thanks , You made my day. A day of remembrance

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I read

the obituaries

daily

just in case

Source(s): *experts say the number one cause of death is life*
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The speaker for the dead

good book

orson scott card

• 1 decade ago

Good writing, Schultzie. Interesting concept. Thanks for sharing.

Note: spellchecker always comes up Schultz, Scholtes, Shlitz. I always chuckle when I see it.

• 1 decade ago

Perhaps someone close....

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.