Who should write death notices?

The look at our dusty lives

From a clinical obituary print

fails to reveal the many layers that rose

Like Troy's ancient shores

The level of pain, the levels of joy

buried under divorce

Financial ruin,a child's birth

support each ancient layer

Each mortal fight

Ecstasy and delight

Ready to be excavated

Perhaps the true story should be written

Not by a newspaper hack

But maybe by someone with the skills

To uncover all the facts

And then they day we meet our demise

And our lives surmised in print

The true struggle we all do face

and the courage to never quit

Thank you for any comments

• Mizzy
    Favorite Answer

Nice write shultzie

I wrote my Grandmother's obit. I tried to put in her happiness

but I think I left out much due to my sorrow

• Dondi

Strange you should write of this, maybe they are right when they say poets have a spiritual bond. I was thinking of this yesterday. It would be great if, as in the Harry Potter books, there was a way to pull out the memories and let everyone see for themselves. Or a machine to do a memory dump at the end to get the true story of someone's life. "Just the facts", doesn't tell us who he was or what he was, just that he was, and is no more. That is one reason I write poetry. Some day someone will read it and know who I was, and know why I did what I did, even if they know me not.

You can't write it yourself. If you were lying about that, there is no way you can get out of it. You have to bring in a copy of the death certificate or obituary notice from the paper. The obituary has to mention you as a relative. Serves you right for lying about a death. That is horrible.

Hello - yeah, I'm a newspaper hack.

I used to write obituaries because the families were too ... upset ... or whatever to write them on their own.

Obituaries are rarely anything but generic praises of the lives of sinners and saints and everyone in between. Rarely, if ever, do the words express the true nature of the deceased.

I imagine - that close friends or relatives - do offer to write - an obit. Say all the nice things - of course. Who wishes to mention the trials - the things that make us suffer - the places where true courage is shown. These obits are rare - and must be well-written ♥

http://aka.zero.jibjab.com/assets/production/01/08...

Good Sunday afternoon, Shultzie!! My Grandfather,Fred Schumm died 30 years ago this month,my point is while in his 50's he wrote his own obituary. Saying pretty much what you had written. When he passed he was 81, and he had updated it three times. The last time was his 70th birthday. If I didn't know any better, I'd say you knew him or are a relative, So we all pretty much have ours written. Thanks , You made my day. A day of remembrance

I read

the obituaries

daily

just in case

Source(s): *experts say the number one cause of death is life*

The speaker for the dead

good book

orson scott card

Good writing, Schultzie. Interesting concept. Thanks for sharing.

Note: spellchecker always comes up Schultz, Scholtes, Shlitz. I always chuckle when I see it.

Perhaps someone close....