I've been hearing an unusual sound at night, any idea what it could be?

For a while now I've been waking up to hear something that sounds very much like a human voice whispering "shia shia" over and over. I've tried to think of what could be doing it, but I cant figure it out. I lock my bedroom door at night because of trust issues within my home, so nobody can get... show more For a while now I've been waking up to hear something that sounds very much like a human voice whispering "shia shia" over and over. I've tried to think of what could be doing it, but I cant figure it out. I lock my bedroom door at night because of trust issues within my home, so nobody can get into my room. I thought it may be some kind of animal outside, but the sound seems to come from inside the room or in the wall/closet. it is very distinctly a voice, not waterpipes or machinery. I do suffer from frequent attacks of severe sleep paralysis and could but is not likely to be connected to that. I would appreciate the help, and, no I am not crazy or mentally disturbed