Why does the American media always show German soldiers as evil while showing the Japanese with honor in WW2?

Every American movie and almost every American history books always show all German soldiers as being evil and sadistic racists.What pisses me of is that American movies and history books often portray the Japanese as brave honorable soldiers who deserved to be respected by the allies.BUT THE JAPANESE WERE ANYTHING BUT HONORABLE!Japanese soldiers often sadistically abused and tortured Allied Prisoners of War,causing many of them die from starvation or exhaustion in work camps!Also,Japanese soldiers often brutally massacred inhabitants of places they went to for no reason but for the pleasure of seeing the people they conquered suffer!Additionally,Japanese would kidnap women as young as 15 in the places they conquered and send them to rape camps and brothels to be raped by Japanese sailors and soldiers!These kidnapped women would be raped as often as 30 times a day and face beatings and physicalpain by the Japanese military personnel that raped them!These poor women had faced sevre Vaginal bleeding and sevre vaginal pain from numerous rapes they faced.In fact many of them would be unable to produce children because of damage they recieved in their vagina and reproductive systems!Many of these young women would become ill.Even when ill,Japanese soldiers still sadistically raped them and brutally beaten them for no reason but fun!So many of these victimized rape women have died from illnesses they recieved from beatings and being raped so many times!As much as 100,000 women were kidnapped and sent to brothels and rape camps by the Japanese military!

Now,although they are demonized by the American media as being as sadistic murderers and rapists,the typical German soldier was nothing but a regular man who is only fighting because it is his duty for his country!Despite seeing their people face numerous attrocities like massacres and rape by the allied armies(especially by the Soviets,the typical German soldier did his best to be honorable and follow the laws of Geneva Convention!Unlike the Japanese,German soldiers would do their best to take care of prisoners of war they captured(even when they lacked the supplies to do so)!German soldiers were disgusted by the concept of slaughtering and raping inhabitants of places they conquered, and rarely did they commit rape and slaughter in the areas they had invaded!Not even the Waffen SS(Who committed most of the German armies war crimes) was prone to mistreatment of POWs and brutal treatment of inhabitants of countries that Germany conquered!In fact,thw Waffen SS thought slaughtering and raping local inhabitants was bad for military discipline!Even when they were hopelessly already losing the war,German soldiers still followed the Geneva Convention and acted honorably in the last days of WW2!

So why do most Americand think all German soldiers were evil rapists and murderers while thinking that most Japanese soldiers were brave honorable men who deserved respect?I'm American and am pissed of with this!

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best answer

I'm not sure what movies or books you watched but I never got the impression that the Japanese were considered honorable.

Both Germany and Japan committed atrocities during war. Germany was indeed prone to mistreatment of it prisoners (My father-in-law fought for Germany during WWII) But of course the concentration camps were an atrocity of epic porportions. There were indeed rapes, slaughtering and horrendous medical experiments conducted on those POW's....

The Japanese did indeed use rape and forced prostitution as a war tactic. As ell as murdering civilians and treating POW's severely....

I never considered either side honorable....nor do most Americans...

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

The victors get to write the history books. There were atrocities committed by ALL sides in that war. The Russians murdered almost as many Jews as the Germans did. They had forced labor in the occupied areas too but you don't hear about this. The only reason that Stalin joined the Allies is because Hitler pushed back when Russian forces kept encroaching on German held land in Poland. The Brittish had their "Red Book" which outlined "Special" warfare tactics. Nobody is "Lily White" in any war. People will do anything to survive, even commit the most barbaric acts. The only thing that really sets the Germans apart from others during WW2 is that they actually had the intent and ability to bring the war to American soil. The race for the atomic bomb was only a couple of months apart and a missile capable of reaching the US had already been developed. Don't forget that this all happened just over 50 years ago. Not long enough to heal the wounds.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Totally agree with PennyLee. In fact, I just saw yesterday on the History Channel, the true story of the Bridge on the River Kwai. It was all about the brutality of the Japanese POW camps.

• 1 decade ago

Stop ranting, you're wrong. Every WW2 book or movie I have ever read shows them both to be evil. What the news media has been reporting on is US vets going to those countries and getting together with the German and Japanese vets to find peace in their souls. Most German vets have gotten over the war and want nothing to do with reminiscing, while many Japanese vets join the US vets and pretend that WW2 was an honorable war.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

No idea where you are getting that impression. The Japanese during WWII are definitely portrayed as evil, brutal, and inhuman. Bataan Death March, the horrible fighting on Saipan and Iwo Jima, etc.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Hmmmmmm, are you a neo-nazi?

You seem to be promoting that.

My father fought the nazi's in WWII.

My brothers father was killed fighting the Japanese in the South Pacific.

The Japanese were bad, but so were the Germans.

What about the Holocaust?

So don't lay any of that neo-nazi bull sht on me.

• 1 decade ago

Apparently, you haven't seen very many WWII movies. Those guys in the navy had this "thing" about those nasty zeroes....and then there's the movie "The Bridge over the River Kwai".

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.