Do you believe the Apollo 11 crew really landed on the Moon?

sometimes I wonder if they really did or if the footage was fabricated to 1 up Russia in the "Space Race" plus it just seems a little hard to believe that we could do it way back then but haven't been back since..that was a tin can compared to today's shuttles..plus how was the U.S. flag waving in an environment with no air to blow it? I'm no conspiracy theorist but I smell a Rat.

zeda I cant believe your comparing a car driving state to state to a shuttle flying damn near to the moon. thats apples and oranges

come on people dont be so gullible I mean maybe they did but unless you were there with Nasa at the time..you dont really know you only know what you have read or seen on tv. Do you have any idea how much of the history we were taught in school 20 years ago turned to be in-accurate information? I mean maybe we did..but I dont really know and honestly..neither do any of you unless you were in the NASA control room at the time..and I doubt that.

Nick you coulda just answered the question without being an asshole..thats the problem with our country people like you who feel it necessary to try to insult people because they think differently than you..it's pathetic..grow up

I shoulda never asked this question..you keep talking about conspiracy theorists..im no conspiracy theorists these are my thoughts some of you are just giving me stuff you read..I could'a looked that up myself..I asked what YOU thought not what you were told to think.

• Bella

Yes, and so did Apollo 12, 14, 15, 16, and 17. The Apollo spacecraft were built to go to the Moon. The space shuttles were not. They were built as reusable craft to go back and forth to the space station and perform other missions in Earth orbit.

The SIX manned moon landings weren't faked. 400,000 people were involved in making the Apollo 11 moon landing happen. The Apollo Moon landings were among the most completely documented and observed events in history. The conspiracy "theories" that claim otherwise are a bunch of nonsense without even a single compelling piece of evidence. Most of the questions raised are based on ignorance of basic physics and optics.

Video special effects were in their infancy in the late 60's so that faking a landing on the Moon would probably have been more difficult than actually going there, and it seems highly unlikely that the hundreds or even thousands of people who would have had to be involved in such a conspiracy would have kept it a secret for so long. Ultimately you'll have to decide for yourself if the marginal evidence offered to show this was all a hoax is compelling enough to overturn the overwhelming evidence that it actually occurred, but make sure you check the facts carefully, you need to be a little skeptical of the skeptics, too. For more detailed debunking of this ill-conceived notion, see sources.

Flag Waving

The answer is, it isn't waving. It looks like that because of the way the flag was deployed. The flag hangs from a horizontal rod which telescopes out from the vertical one. In Apollo 11, they couldn't get the rod to extend completely, so the flag didn't get stretched fully. It has a ripple in it, like a curtain that is not fully closed. In later flights, the astronauts didn't fully deploy it on purpose because they liked the way it looked. In other words, the flag looks like it is waving because the astronauts wanted it to look that way. Ironically, they did their job too well. It appears to have fooled a lot of people into thinking it waved.

The reasons that we haven't been back are cuts in funding, we had done what we set out to do, and we had refocused on the space station and the shuttles. We are going back in 2020 and establishing a lunar base as part of Project Constellation. We will be using new modular craft, the Orion, with the Ares launch vehicles, and the Altair lunar lander. There is a projected manned mission to Mars as well.

I would much rather believe the government with all it's faults, than a bunch of gormless conspiracy theorists. I mean if the conspiracy people had one single shred of genuine evidence that it never happened they might just have some credibility, but if they have, they are keeping it secret because they haven't produced any yet!

As for the waving flag, come on, have you never heard of inertia? Of course it waved after the astronauts moved it, as it behaves like a pendulum and swings a little due to it's own weight.

The Saturn V which launched the Apollo was far more powerful than the space shuttle. Rocketry has not advanced much since then, so it would be just as hard to et there now. Computer power has advanced greatly, but rockets run on fuel power, not computer power.

The flag is not "waving", but has a stick through the top to hold it open. As for what could be done then technologically, research the numerous advances made in aviation from WW 2 to the 1960s. The SR-71 is a prime example -- a Mach 3 airplane designed in the 1950s. The B-52 was designed largely in the late 1940s and early 1950s. The XB-70 was a Mach 3 bomber designed in the same period. Many other US missile and airplane examples could be mentioned, and then we could talk about Russian advances, which were tremendous. "Today's shuttles" first flew in the 1980s, so that means they were designed in the 1970s, just after the Apollo program. So, there is no rat to smell.

"...that was a tin can compared to today's shuttles..." That's like saying that a 1917 Model T Ford couldn't possibly get from New York City to Chicago because a 2009 Lexus is a much more modern automobile.

"...how was the U.S. flag waving in an environment with no air to blow it..." The flag was *not* waving, it was held upright by thin braces embedded within the field. The only time the flag appears to "wave" is when it was being planted, or when one of the crewmen brushed against it.

Before you fall into the trap set by the manned-lunar-landing hoaxsters, do yourself a favor and visit this website =>http://www.clavius.org/

It is not a matter of belief, it is a matter of metifulously documented historical fact. If you believe we haven't been back since Apollo 11 you need to do some very basic research and review your conclusions. Try looking up Apollo 12 through to Apollo 17 for starters.

And the flag was NOT waving, for heaven's sake. Have you ever actually WATCHED the footage?

Yes. The flag was due to dust being blown by the explosions inside the rockets as the astronauts launched off the lunar surface. And anyone with a high power laser can use the reflectors the astronauts left on the moon to prove that humans have been there.

• nick s

Back then the Brits and French developed a supersonic airliner called Concorde.

THERE ARE NO SUPERSONIC AIRLINERS FLYING TODAY.

You see how silly your argument is?

Apollo and Concorde were scrapped for similar reasons - cost.

Get educated please. That flag stuff and no stars in the sky has been done absolutely to death.

You wouldn't be a creationist as well would you?

Do you know there are more cranks in the USA who say the landings were fake than in any other country. Yet they did it. You should be proud.

get a life and read some real science.

Yes, they really did land.

"The rod to hold the flag out horizontally would not extend fully, so the flag ended up with a slight waviness, giving the appearance of being windblown."

The last time I answered this question... and boy, has this question been asked a LOT... my answer:

"Of course I believe it! I watched it happen. It is silly to think you could pay off hundreds of thousands of space agency workers and fool millions of people with 1960s special effects."

and it got deleted. I guess you can't say "its silly" on Yahoo.

That's silly.

• BP

Yes I believe they actually landed on the moon. Can you imagine how many people would have to be paid to be quiet still after all of these years? Waaayyy toooo many.

Source(s): bp