Is anyone else sick of working 40 hours a week to pay for Medicaid and Food Stamps for the lazy?

Dont get me wrong, I am ALL FOR helping ppl in situations that they did not cause themselves, but C'MON! Be responsible for yourselves!!! I think you should AT LEAST be made to show up SOMEWHERE and do SOMETHING to earn it...community services kind of stuff. I also think you should automatically get kicked off if you have another child once you are already on it. Im so fed up with these ppl being able to afford to wear designer clothes, be in the mall all day, have Cell Phones, Big screen TV's ON AND ON AND ON while their healthcare, food, utilities, and much more is being provided by ppl who work full time and cant afford anything nice for themselves. And why the heck to they let these ppl stay on it for years and years and years! You cant even get unemployement for that long if you earned it. And why no drug testing...CRAP, there would be a TON of ppl kicked off if they did that!.

Okay, I think I am done venting now.

What are your thoughts?

For the record...I have tried to report Fraud to Medicaid. I suggest you all try it sometime. Good luck getting anyone there to help you. The last call I made, I was told that they "dont really have a department for that"

"anyone who is lazy isnt permitted to be on welfare" What cave have you been living in! Wow, you are clueless.

ALSO - People on unemployment are required to submit PROOF every week that they are applying for jobs and are required to accept any job that they are offered. Why shouldn't it be the same for Welfare. Where is the accountability?

Favorite Answer

This issue just ticks me off.. I see every day people abusing the system. I hear it from two of my family member, who DIRECTLY work with these people every day. Someone please tell me how someone who has their house paid for, bills, food, and every other necessity paid for by me (or the governement, you choose) can afford to drive a BMW, have multiple flat screen tv's, and every other 'nice' thing in life. But dont lift a finger to work? And then complain when they dont get everything??

I would consider most of my life, i've been lower to middle class. I've worked a job almost every day since I was 18. Even when I was going to college I worked. I did not have everything I wanted. Did I ask for handouts? No. I was diagnosed with cancer in 1997 and have been fighting it since... Have I asked the government for money? NO. I worked through every hardship i've been through. I've been sitting in the hospital barely able to breathe and what was I doing? Answering phone calls for my job! At this very instant, I have a very hard time just getting around.. But do I whine when I dont get everything I want paid for? NO! These people need to realize how hard the people work so they can have what they want. I hear excuses every day why these people dont work. Don't give me any excuse. I've seen and heard them all. Try working when your oxygen saturation is at 70 and your body is filled with chemotherapy and we'll talk. Until then, get off your lazy *** and get a job!

I totally agree with you... I used to work with people who were in the system and had to stop due to my complete desire to kick their tushes!

I had one "client" who had seven kids, lived in a six bedroom/ 3.5 bathroom house (Section 8) and was supposed to pay $72.00 per month as her share of the rent (the rest was paid by the city)... yet, she never paid, and she never got kicked out. Furthermore, her food (Food Stamps), heat (Li-Heap), water (government grants), and medical expenses (Gov't health care) were paid in full... she never once in her life had a job, and had a pool, flat screen tv's, several computers, I-Phones, expensive clothes and shoes, and I was working for $9.50 an hour for the city, trying to pay rent, and my student loan....

And I had a lady working under me who had five kids from four different guys and hardly paid for a thing... and she had four working adults in the house...

I believe that there should be a limit to how long you can be on these programs...

I also believe that you should be required to do work for the city or state to receive benefits- then we don't have to pay the OT to the city workers, as an added bonus...

I also think that there should be a mandatory depo shot (the birth control shot) for anyone who is currently receiving money for being an un-wed or underage mother. This will discourage the cycle of having more babies to keep getting money.

I love people, and I am glad that there is help, but when I recently lost my job, and had no promise of any money coming in, and our household income was reduced to 25% of what it had been, my husband and I were told that we couldn't get help until the next "application season" and that our chances were unlikely, since we were a) married, b) college educated, and c) white. When I asked the rep to please put that in writing for me, she refused. But it was said.

How do you like that?

Every one cracks me up who are against welfare , I feel the same way about it as you but when you think about it,There are people not paying taxes getting rich on gov contracts, work a gov job and just hide out for the day making good money with a retirement.Look at bush was over payed had every benefit in the world,wasnt qualified for the job.had a shoffer and plane at his disposal then ruined America and walked away flipping us the bird.

I work more than 40 hours a week. I have to in order to survive. I can understand why some people would rather collect free money.

I am tired all the time and the only thing I spend money on is food and bills.

Oh wait! I bought a game yesterday.

• Helen

I work because I have a great house, three cars, and take two to three vacations a year. I can't get that on welfare. You can feel free to live that way if you want.

You are right and sadly nothing will be done because of people that made comments above that actually believe that the people on it need it and don't abuse it. IDIOTS. If you people are so sure that those on welfare really need it then you can pay for it and not us

OH MY GOD YES ! I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU. It is ridiculous. And it seems like the only ppl that don't get accepted are the people who need it the most. People who have worked their entire lives and got sick or hurt. No one wants to help them out, but if you just stay home and have sex with everyone you meet and have 12 kids with 13 different men, then YOU ARE ACCEPTED!

I agree with you 1000%, you hit the nail right on the head. And most of these idiots on welfare think they have a right to it. They think they

have it coming. And a lot of them think they are entitled to payment

for things that happened long ago, and didn't even happen against them.

And no one today did any of these things to them or their ancestors.

YEP, we are all sick about watching people with their hands out. Fair tax laws needs to come into play,,,its not about taking from my group to give to another, why don't the poor do something to help themselves, stop having so many kids

• Sarah

That's illegal, dear. Welfare reform was passed in the 90's under Clinton. ANYONE who is 'lazy' isn't permitted to receive aid from the state. If YOU know someone who is simply 'lazy' and not in legitimate need, YOU should be reporting them, not whining to us about your failure to report them.

For every month you complain to us and NOT to the people responsible for charging these people with a crime and demanding repayment, YOU are allowing ALL of our tax dollars to go to fraud.

No, I am not 'sick' of any of it, as I report people who break the law.