Husband is verbally attacking me for leaving this morning to a friends house for safety...?

He came home at 630AM total f**cked up, drunk and whatever else... wouldn't tell me where he was, so I asked him to leave... arguments insued and I left with the dog for safety reasons. No sense in arguing with a drunk, especially when they are verbally abusive. Called a mutual friend and coworker of his for... show more He came home at 630AM total f**cked up, drunk and whatever else... wouldn't tell me where he was, so I asked him to leave... arguments insued and I left with the dog for safety reasons. No sense in arguing with a drunk, especially when they are verbally abusive. Called a mutual friend and coworker of his for help, I have no friends in the city and family lives in another state. I just needed a place to stay for a while until he sobered up. This "friend" said I could come over to sleep on his couch but cannot have my dog, so I went back to drop the dog off at home and my husband was furious with me, said he called and told my husband I contacted him... my husband continued to verbally attack me stating I am a whore and I am just going over there to have sex with him, then he cornered me in the house to try and not let me leave... I was scared and was screaming for help. I got out of the house and literally couldn't breathe. A stranger stopped me in the street asked if I was ok and if I needed the police, he stood with me and helped me calm down a bit because I couldn't even talk I was so overwhelmed. I told him no and I was going to a friends... I stayed at his place and slept on the couch until he had to leave for work. We had a little discussion in which he told me that he did not want to be involved... I was crying and told him I didn't want him involved in this, its just that I needed help and needed somewhere to stay otherwise I would just be walking around the city at 7AM crying by myself... I just needed help, no involvement required. He then told me that I should not have confronted my husband when he came home, as he was already drunk and there is no use in trying to talk to a drunk person. I agreed, but also stated that I only requested my husband to take his belongings and find somewhere else to sleep because I was not going to tolerate this. So I came back home later, only to find my husband still sleeping... I am in the midst of getting ready, deciding what to do next and killing time on YA... he wakes up and immediately starts screaming at me that its over, he wants out, I'm a bi**c and a whore because I called his friend... I think he may still be drunk. I did not respond, didn't even look up and completely ignored him.
I know this is his own problem, he went out to who knows where and did who knows what until 630AM and now he is looking for any reason to be angry at me.... this always happens, I become the bad guy whenever possible, but in my mind right now all I can think is that I went to the friends house for safety... I was not going to stay in the house while he was verbally attacking me and cornering me... he also hit me in my face 3 times telling me I was a bi**c and so on...

I don't know what to do next, I don't know how to respond, I don't know where to go. help...
Update: Ok... I need advice about what to do with my dog, with my bird and my job... I want to leave. But I don't want to risk my job, but I may have to, huh? As far as a battered shelter... what about my animals, what can I do with them?
Update 2: I didn't start the argument, actually all I did was try to avoid the argument by asking him to leave... either way, again.. I'm the bad guy, right? unbelievable... no matter what I do, its wrong with everybody. why? should I just sit like a lump on a log and let him come into the house drunk at 630AM...... show more I didn't start the argument, actually all I did was try to avoid the argument by asking him to leave... either way, again.. I'm the bad guy, right? unbelievable... no matter what I do, its wrong with everybody. why? should I just sit like a lump on a log and let him come into the house drunk at 630AM... why? i feel I had every right to tell him to go sleep elsewhere... he was drunk and for that very reason I did not want him there, because crap like this would happen! Thats why I left... to stop an argument, and in my efforts to get away I got hit and choked.. and again, I am being blamed for it.... thank you.