I have lots of crazy ideas but sometimes my crazy ideas work. What do you think of this one?

I am soon going to be living in London to study Nursing. I am paying £330/month rent exc bills where I am now (outside of London) I am going to get £7000 a year to live on and my tuition will be paid on top of that. I know that some of my friends think I am crazy for doing it but I love London and I want to be a... show more I am soon going to be living in London to study Nursing. I am paying £330/month rent exc bills where I am now (outside of London)

I am going to get £7000 a year to live on and my tuition will be paid on top of that. I know that some of my friends think I am crazy for doing it but I love London and I want to be a nurse and help others.
To cut a long story short, I was worried about rent in London (sometimes £1000/pcm in a good area and roughly £400/pcm in far away or rough areas) I saw a legitimate student website on the internet where you can live with an older person, care for them 10+ hours a week and pay £70 a month inc bills. I told my friend but he was sceptical and I can tell he thinks I'm crazy but I would be saving £5000/year and could use that to pay towards driving lessons and living expenses. Also, I would be doing something nice for some one and I am a caring person. What do you think?
Update: Here's the website:

http://www.studenthousing.lon.ac.uk/getting-started/what-are-the-options.html#c103
Update 2: They are asking for full-time employed people or full-time students and I will be a full-time student. It also fits in with my future career and studies, as Nursing is about caring.
Update 3: I can still have a social life and see my friends there. I am not really bothered about things. All I need is my clothes. Once I finish I can get my own place.