My partner broke a promise, I want to move on but my partner has been feeling guilty for a week! What do I do?

He promised not to do something that I am VERY against and I caught him doing it. But only 6 weeks ago we had the same conversation as he was doing it then. He has done this twice and I am very angry. I want to move on and trust him again but he is very down about it, it is like the tables have turned. I should be down and depressed not him! Help!!!! He has been like this for a week and it's pi**ing me off!

he is masturbating behind my back, when I am in the shower and as soon as I leave the house.... And since this our sex life has suffered, we have been together 6 years!

Thanks for all your feedback, as much as I disagree with some comments and agree with most it helps and thank-you.

If he promised he would not do it then he is stupid too! If he feels that strongly about masturbating then he should have simply said from the beginning. I am a MAN not a woman and your assumption is wrong, I am 22 he is 37 if anyone should be wacking off it's me not him, but I dont because I have the man I love, who pleasures me. He obviously does not feel this way and would rather be alone with his hand?

Favorite Answer

Your sex life is not suffering because he masturbates. Your sex life has suffered because you make such a big deal out of it. You have made him feel bad about a natural act. Why in the world you think you should be depressed about this and not him is beyond me. You have embarrassed and humiliated him over this. This is why your sex life has suffered, how you make him feel about himself is what affects performance, not the occasional ****.

Where did women come up with the idea that every single orgasm a man has, has to be with her, other wise its cheating somehow?

The fact that he is doing the same or old behavior after you caught him means that he probably wont stop. He is moping around to make you feel sorry for him when it was him who was doing the behavior. You should not be feeling guilty at all. If you really want to move on then break it off with him. If you want to stay, then you have to decide if this behavior is something you can live with. Chances are, he is not going to change until HE wants to change!

The key here I believe is that in a relationship you have to accept the person for who they are, good and bad. I believe that far too many people get together thinking they can change the things that bug them about the other person once they are together. It just doesn't work and only builds up resentments. Either learn to live with the behavior or truely move on. All men masturbate, some several times a day. It really has nothing to do with you. It's a guy thing. If you are really concerned, ask to do it for him or maybe ask if he would like to masturbate for you and you for him. As long as he is not doing it with another woman then ask to be a part of it. All guys do it, besides, maybe he is fantasizing about you when he does it! :)

Here is the deal. Perhaps he is feeling guilty because he knows that he will do whatever it is again. I would sit down and have a very candid talk about what your expectations are versus what he is willing/able to do. What you want might not be what he can give.

you got mad because he pleasures himself ? are you serious ? it's completely normal for a man to make himself feel good . be happy he's not cheating on you with someone else , i imagine you'd be totally devastated then . my husband masturbates all the time & our sex life is STILL crackin .

It's his body, his property. Admittedly you'd think why does he do it if he has a partner ? Maybe you are not satisfying him in all regards.... or maybe he is so highly sexed that he needs masturbation too.

Also masturbating is used by men in times of stress.

Source(s): Peter Johnson and the argonauts

well sometimes men can't help them self's by doing it... so give him a break it is only natural feelings he has... you might want to be around more for when he has this feeling of doing again you can be there to help him out!! so don't get pissed off at him, get pissed of for not being there to help the guy out!!!

Source(s): hope that helps!!!!

It depends. If you are gay you need to stop having partners all together and repent of this lifestyle. I can't have sympathy for you if you shouldn't be in this situation in the first place.

will you can tell him it is alright if u want to be friends again but if u don't u can tell him or she u are like over

what did she do Paul.

You should see her , shes mad!!