best washing machine to buy?

Hi, my old washing machine broke last week and my dad has deemed it completely not worth fixing! I'm on a really tight budget so don't have many options for buying a new one. Have found Beko and Indesit machines to be quite cheap, does anyone know which of these is better?

I maybe should have also said that I live alone, so don't do many loads of washing per week. Also, by tight budget - I mean REALLY tight!! Miele, not even an option at all!

Favorite Answer

Don't buy Beko, they are cheap for a reason. I've always used Indesit as did my Mum. They are reliable and clean brilliantly. Hotpoint, Indesit and a few other companies are all one and the same, they just make different price models. I have seen a Hotpoint with the same spec as an Indesit for about £100 more. My machine actually has a better spec than a more expensive brand. Go with Indesit, you will not regret it. If you can afford it go for a matching Indesit tumble drier as well they are also reliable.

Hope this helps.

I have used Indesits for years and have had no problems with them. a couple I used were in shared or rented houses and so would have been used well or for who knows how long. I got one myself when I needed my own one, and I love it - it can easily cope with a young family's washing! They have the advantage of being relatively cheap (you can get one for around £200) and from my experience they are worth the money.

I will add, though, should you be thinking of tumble dryers, I wouldn't get Indesit for them - I have had bad experiences with the one I got! But thier washing machines are fine, from my experience.

I don't know which one is better but Miele is the best brand ever. It might cost you some more but people have had miele washing machines for over 20 years and they work great so put in the extra bucks and you will never have an ounce of trouble with it,

I've never heard of either of those brands before, but I know that the best brands are Whirlpool and Kenmore. There is also a brand called Roper. Roper is the cheapest and if I'm not mistaken, its made by Whirlpool. All three of these brands are great and last for a very long time.

Indesit

I brought my MIM machine 10 yers ago still working long out lived all big name machimnes we have purchased since!s

we had an indesit and it lasted us 10 years. we now have a Miele, which is brilliant.

If you can stretch a bit, look out for a Haier machine. They are very well made. This is what one customer said of her Haier:

"this machine for the money is an absolute marvell.loaded with features, very quiet. many wash choices looks great too. had many machines over the years and this beats the lot of the over priced ones. very recomended"

You need a mortgage to buy a Miele lol

Seriously get a Hotpoint WML560 or the WML540 they are solid and I have one myself.

no point buying cheap stuff.

Beko I would say

But go for a Whirlpool or Hoover - they last!

Never a hotpoint - they break down a lot

In my humble opinion, Sears has some of the top notch brands you could ever want. They also are known for having locations where they service them as well. Check em out.