i cant watch youtube videos?
- Anonymous1 decade agoBest answer
Videos on YouTube are streamed through Adobe Flash player. For the best viewing experience, we suggest you install the latest version of Adobe Flash player.
You'll first need to remove any older versions you've installed in the past and currently have running on your computer).
Installing the most recent version of Adobe Flash Player:
Once you've uninstalled the older version of Flash, you'll be ready to upgrade to the most recent version of Flash. To do so, please follow these steps:
- Restart your computer
- Follow Adobe's instructions for reinstalling the most recent version of Flash.
- Once you've downloaded the latest version of Adobe Flash, please exit your browser.
- Finally click to install the update that you just downloaded from the Adobe Flash site.
- Once you've done so, open your browser again and go to YouTube. You should now be able so successfully watch videos!
If the instructions above don't resolve the issue, please also try the following:
- Temporarily disable popup blocking software installed on your computer to test.
- Allow YouTube.com as a trusted site in your Firewall software.
- Ensure other applications like Quicktime, iTunes, Real Player, or Windows Media Player aren't set as the default streaming application, as this might affect the video player.
For Windows Vista users:
If the Flash uninstall / reinstall does not work this maybe due to a Microsoft Windows Vista permissions issue.
Please use the Windows button at the bottom left then the search function:
- Go to: C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash\.
- Right-click on the following file: FlashUtil9b.exe or FlashUtil9e.exe.
- Select "Run as Administrator" and install the update..
- Restart your computer.
You may be able to resolve the matter by clearing your cache and cookies. You may also need to try the second process below: enabling browser cookies.
Clear the cache for Internet Explorer:
1. Click "Start" and select "Control Panel".
(Note: With Windows XP Classic View click the Windows "Start" button and select "Settings" and "Control Panel").
2. Open the "Internet Options" icon.
3. Click the "General" tab if it isn't selected already.
4. Click the "Delete" button.
5. Under the heading "Temporary Internet files," click "Delete Files".
6. Click "OK" to exit.
Clear the cache for Mozilla Firefox 2:
1. Open Mozilla Firefox and click on the "Tools" menu.
2. Select "Options" then "Advanced". (top right)
3. Click the "Network" tab.
4. Under the "Cache" heading, click the "Clear Now" button.
5. Click "OK" to exit.
Hope that serves you, bye!Source(s): YouTube
- Anonymous1 decade ago
you can try a different browser...
these will help you...
1. Use Opera browser, it will load faster and smoother, and re-install latest flash (the correct way)
get the latest flash player, and install it.. make sure all the browsers are NOT running during installation... this is the right way to install the flash player.
2. It could be due to slow connection or high traffic.
Try watching it during off peak hours, the video will be smoother.
Or you could watch it offline smoothly... try using 'zillatube' .
It works very well - to get ZillaTube, click the link below, and select the first search result for download...
- Anonymous1 decade ago
You may have accidentally turned the program off. To turn it back on. (Vista only, don't know hot to do it in XP, sorry)
Go to Start > then 'Start Search' at the very bottom and type in 'msconfig' and make sure every needed program is enabled.
- LoreneLv 44 years ago
Make sure to actually install the latest version of flash player, not just download it.
- What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
- 1 decade ago
IT WILL SAY LIKE WHEN YOU CAINT ACCES THE VIDEO THERE WILL BE ALINK TO DOWNLOAD A JAVA OR A FLASH PLAYER