Cant remove ad-ware contextual ads by precisead.?
i keep getting pop ups saying contextual ads by precisead. i cant find anyplace that awnsers how to remove it and anti virus stuff doesnt work.
- The PhlebobLv 71 decade agoFavorite Answer
Try some anti-adware programs, such as the free Ad-Aware and Spybot S&D. They tend to be better at getting rid of adware than many anti-virus programs.
Also, try running them in Safe Mode With Networking:
1. Log out and reboot your machine.
2. When the machine starts the reboot sequence, press the F8 key repeatedly.
3. Select Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking from the resulting menu.
4. Login. If the malware has changed your password, try logging in as Administrator. By default, Administrator has no password.
5. The machine will continue booting, but the Windows desktop will look different.
6. When you're finished doing what you need to do, log out and reboot back into normal mode.
Note that even if the anti-malware programs get rid of the malware, they may not be able to reverse the effects. Search the Web for possible fixes.
Update and run everything regularly, not just when you think you already have malware.
Good luck.Source(s): Note: There ARE free versions of these programs on the websites listed. They just may not be obvious. Ad-Aware Free (free): http://www.lavasoftusa.com/ Spybot S & D (free): http://www.spybot.com/
- 4 years ago
In my personal opinion, a combination of both a anti spy ware program, ideally Spy-bot, and your anti virus software usually does the trick. Spy-bot Search and Destroy is free and your free anti virus software is either grisoft AVG or avast!. I personally recommend avast! as it is very easy to use. Also I find that the avast! user functions are less restrictive than AVG. One final thing, though this is tedious but if you do a spy-bot scan after every time you use the Internet the effects of the spy/Mal ware is minimised. Scan the hard drive with Spy- bot S&D eery day and do an anti virus scan every 3 days to weed out all the trojans.