What are some safety tips to give a Senior Citizen who wants to go on internet dating sites?

I have a friend who wants to do this, and I am afraid for her. . . What is your opinion ?
Update: So right, Sherleyf. . . .I told here to try right here in Y/A. . .But she wants someone local that she can date. . . not just correspond with. . . but weirdos are out there !!!
Update 2: LOL. . LONA. . . LOL. . that would work for me, but sadly she is all alone. . . hence the urge to meet someone !
Update 3: Good info lazarusagain. . . some I never thought of !!!
Update 4: You got it Alfie. . . this is why I worry for her !!
Update 5: NannyW. . . LOL. . . more good advice. . see I knew Seniors could help. . LOL
Update 6: LOL. . thanks dora. . I never thought of it from the other side. . LOL
Update 7: good ideas E-ma about running errands etc. . . so they don't follow you home !!!
Update 8: good ideas E-ma about running errands etc. . . so they don't follow you home !!!
Update 9: Thanks Gladys and Old Gramie. . We all think alike here !
Update 10: You guys are great ! Lopoks like names will go in a hat pick for a BA. . .

I hear 'ya Bogey. . . LOL. . My thoughts exactly !!!!