Renault Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique cuts out at high speed! Why is it doing this?

Hi everyone My 51 plate Renault Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique has started to play up and I wonder if anyone can help I was driving along at 60mph and suddenly the electrical light lit up on the dash and the car suddenly lost all power and went into "limp home" mode!! I managed to pull of the road in the... show more Hi everyone

My 51 plate Renault Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique has started to play up and I wonder if anyone can help

I was driving along at 60mph and suddenly the electrical light lit up on the dash and the car suddenly lost all power and went into "limp home" mode!! I managed to pull of the road in the nick of time and restart the engine, and the fault went away. It happens every time I drive it, usually when I am changing gear at high speed or pulling away from a junction. So as you can imagine it is really stressful to drive!

I took it to the garage who decided that it needed a new clutch and a new coolant chamber (£600) but as soon as I pulled away from the garage the problem reoccured!!

Does anyone know what might be wrong, and how much it'd cost to fix?

Thanks :)

x