i am doing a speech why Sir Paul McCartney should be on the 4th plynth in London..whatare some famous quotes?

like quotes to help persuade people to have him up there. My teacher is fairly old - around 50-60 and likes old, famous quotes E.g. She likes the quote "lend me your ears" by William Shakespeare. Any youthanisms would be good.

Thank you for your time and patience

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best answer

How bout:

'Deep are the wounds that civil strife inflicts' Lucan

'An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind' Ghandi

Martin luther king jr has a lot of amazing quotes here are a few of them:

'Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about the things that matter'

'In the end, we will not remember the words of our enemies but the silence of our friends'

'The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.'

• 1 decade ago

I don't think Paul McCartney should be on there. Trafalgar Square is dedicated to military glory, everyone else there is a general or an admiral or something. havin gPaul McCartney there would be just silly.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Why him? All he has done is record mostly mediocre songs since the split up of The Beatles. John Lennon was the real talent in that group followed by George Harrison. The Frog Song and the dirge Mull of Kintire say it all. The quote could be `alrite chuck wanna butty' PS its I not Y in plinth.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

How about "Give Ireland back to the Irish", catholics always show their true colours eventually.

Who can ever forgive or forget this atrocious and ill- considered single, released during the 1970's during the IRA terrorist atrocities- when British soldiers were being murdered on British soil, by catholic terrorists.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

"Ob-la-di, ob-la-da."

Very profound.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.