Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentOther - Politics & Government · 1 decade ago

free prescriptions for scotland and northern ireland but guess who will still be paying £7.20 per item?

yes you the humble english peasant , how do you feel about this ? Yes i know lots of people in england get free prescriptions those on benefits elderly and terminally ill ,but what about the hard working person who has to fork out £7.20 per item , i have stood and seen people in this country (England) really struggle to pay these charges in pharmacies , ever wondered why doctors ask if you pay for your items ? The point here is once again a scottish PM has given his clan yet more benefits over the english he has once again pulled up his kilt pulled down his **** stained underpants and taken a large proverbial dump on the english .WALES GETS IT FREE ,NOTHERN IRELAND GETS IT FREE, AND SOON SCOTLAND ,ENGLAND WELL YOU CAN PAY ??? I took the liberty of ringing the NHS dept that deals with prescription charges ,their answer was "people in wales ireland and scotland suffer more from poverty "???? i kid you not ! Are you tired of scotland and wales and ireland playing the game of devolution but still taking a nice big cheque from westminster ? Are you tired of being screwed ? Wait for it listen to the scots and the welsh etc say ooh but we pay taxes too ,yes you do and it would it appear you do very well compared to the english but then you have parliament that is specific to your country ,the english have one that hands out cheques to subsidise your lavish ideas and ideals .The nhs was introduced to serve rich and poor alike and was not judged by borders ,this is an act of RACISM against the English plain and simple carried out by a SCOTTISH PM .

http://bigspace.celerity.co.uk/moviedeaths/grabs/b...

for this pic i suggest the caption "its alright lads i get free prescriptions"

http://shellgames.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/mel-...

FREE PRESCRIPTIONS AND BETTER HEALTH CARE OH AND FREE UNIVERSITY FEES ! would be a better caption for the above pic

sammy actually i attended the battle of trafalgar were you there? , And even if that was a valid argument which its not ,you cannot expect the english to carry on subsidising your ideals and extravagant ideas .Why are you not bothered as a human being that people in England are suffering in terms of health and indeed with regards to certain cancer care and drugs not being available dying ? The NHS was meant for everyone not to be given to some and not to others right?

the thing that worries me is this is nothing new but i think because back then when the welsh got free scripts society was more affluent and perhaps less caring ,its funny how a recession wakes people up, i just hope that this time we do wake up and protest, if we dont we are DOOOOMED

Favorite Answer

The modern day English are a pathetic gutless, castrated race. that is why you get no consideration or respect from anyone. I (and a lot of others) came all the way from wales to show support at the EU referendum rally, But where were the English????? It was the most pitiful turn out i have ever seen, soul destroying. I have more people living in my street! than there were at that rally. Grow a set of Balls and then come back and talk. That's if you can all get permission to breathe from your lovely 'Islamic lead' parliament.

1

One does rather get the impression that Scotland especially is milking it for all they can whilst they are still part of the Union. If they were no longer part of the UK, it is unlikely they would be able to afford to continue with the free prescriptions, free university education etc.

Suffer more poverty? Surely places like London, Birmingham, Liverpool, big cities like that, are more likely to suffer poverty? Anyway, poor people don't have to pay the prescription charges anyway, I thought, so those in poverty (ie those claiming benefits) don't have to pay anyway.

We need an English Assembly, like everyone else does, because at the moment we have MPs from all over helping to decide our rules, but we have no say in theirs. This is one country, and either we are all treated the same, or we should all at least have our own national assembly. Scotland gets more per capita than the rest of the UK when it comes to the sharing out of taxes, so it is unsurprising that they can afford all this. If they had independence, they would either have to significantly raise taxes, or drop all of these measures. As I said, we are one country, and either we are all treated the same, or there is no point in having a united kingdom.

This kind of crap comes from devolution and you have to ask yourself why the devolution! Well I think it's because Blair and his cronies had planned we'd be integrated with the EU by now and it wouldn't matter a toss whether we had devolved or not. We wouldn't be making our own laws the EU would be doing that. Hence we have this situation where Scotland can run it's own country yet still vote on English affairs. Plus Scotland gets money way above what it pays in taxes furthering the idea that they can operate independantly of the rest of UK. The situation sucks big time!!!! United Kindon my ****...bring back Great Britain. Lets get back to being united. Incedently I'm Scottish.

If you vote labour you're gonna get more of the same.

You have to remember that may of the Westminster Labour Cabinet MPs are Scottish and that the Labour party believes in equal opportunities, but only for their own special groups. Hence they withhold free medical prescriptions from the English who are in effect paying for the free prescriptions for Scotland and Wales through stealth taxes imposed by Westminster.

• flint

As I don't use the NHS as strangely I want to live a bit longer it doesn't effect me. If you ask a chemist you will find that most items on a prescription can be bought more cheaply over the counter. It's all down to the Doctors getting perks from drug companies that they keep dishing out these prescriptions.

Gordon Brown didn't give Scotland free scripts,the Scottish Parliament did. As for being screwed I didn't hear you up in arms when the poll tax was introduced in Scotland years before England!.Speaking for myself I would rather pay for my scripts and pay the price you pay for petrol.

I say send the bill to Obama. He is into helping everyone in the world except his own country.

It has got to be the English. That isn't fair and I'm a Scot. You have my sympathies.

• peeps

I totally agree.........