promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

When your boss tells you that your work is "sub-standard" and you "do not follow instructions properly"?

that's really a secret way of telling me I'm getting a HUGE raise, right?

YAY me!

26 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favourite answer

I think he wants you.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Huh, that's the exact same thing I tell my boss but I never have given him a raise in the 6 years I've been here. I also tell him not to friggin call me between 4 and 5 pm wanting a damn thing done.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

my boss is way more passive aggressive than that...

she says things like "whatcha working on"

which is her way of saying "i see you're on the internet again, so think fast, what kind of bullschit line can u feed me right now"

and

"I think the auditors are ready to start working on those cost reports if you have any of them ready early"

which means "i realize your deadline is 3 weeks away, but you and I both know you're over paid and it really should only take you 3 hours to complete them and you aren't currently doing a goddddammed thing, so why don't you finish them even though, the auditors won't look at them for another 6 months"

are u impressed?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

At our big semi-annual meeting on Friday I was told that I am doing an "awesome" job, my company must have ridiculously low standards. Or I was hired under some sort of a "program".

By "program" I mean government funded

(for special people)

*cries*

(all the way to the bank)

Source(s): slacker with big boobiers
  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Way to go Cel. Obviously anyone can follow the rules and be like everyone else. But it takes guts to go your own way. You'll be running the company in no time.

• 1 decade ago

It does for me, but then I have some rather interesting photos of Mr. Boss and his secretary that Mrs. Boss wouldn't like very much.

Source(s): Blackmail - the only sure way to survive in corporate america.
  • 1 decade ago

Time to put a down payment on a waterfront home I say! Can't move into a new home without a new wardrobe!

• 1 decade ago

It means your boss isn't getting laid and is taking their aggression out on you.

It may also mean you're getting a raise. If not...I suggest stealing office supplies to express your disdain.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Exactly! And then she's all talking about how you "lack basic interpersonal skills" and your hygiene is "questionable at best"... that's when you know it's time to take the family out to a fancy dinner... you know, one where everybody gets to supersize!

• 1 decade ago

Yeah you

congrats I told you being a cougar pays off

now get some fresh meat

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I'm thinking corner office!

Just remember the little people you stepped on while climbing the corporate ladder. They liked to be called by their first name when you tell them to get you your coffee.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.