My boyfriend offered to cook me dinner for our anniversary, help?

My favorite food is chicken fettuccine alfredo. However, if he makes that he'll cheat and use a box. So any ideas of a half way easy meal for him to make from scratch?

Actually I'm cooking breakfast for him and he's cooking dinner. We cook together all the time, but nothing more than easy to make things, like eggs and frozen food. He's not a bad cook, he just doesn't know how to make certain things. What he does know how to make taste good though.

• Favorite Answer

If he makes it from a box, well then that is what he does. He is making an effort, give the guy a break. If you try and butt in and give him "help", you risk him doing the "why even bother trying". Eat it, say it was yummy, and appreciate the effort!

here's a really easy recipe for chicken fettuccine alfredo...

2 lbs boneless chicken breasts

4 tablespoons oil

1/4 cup butter

1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated

3/4 cup heavy cream

salt and pepper, to taste

1 lb fettuccine

Heat oil in a 10 inch skillet. Cut chicken breast into strips. Add salt and pepper. Fry on medium heat until cooked through.

Sauce:

Melt butter in saucepan; add cream and cheese. cook over low heat, stirring constantly. Do not boil.

Cook fettucine in 3 quarts boiling water. Mix chicken and Alfredo sauce together. Drain noodles. Put sauce and chicken over noodles.

Another option is ask if you could do it together, open a bottle of wine (if you drink- or get some sparkling cider or something fun if you don't) and spend quality time together for your anniversary- he could do be "in charge" of the chicken and noodles, and you of the sauce. He might enjoy the quality time together, and you could "help him" and make sure it all comes out okay.

Source(s): being married
  • mark

Fettuccine Alfredo is one of the easiest pasta dishes to make. No reason to cheat.

If you want to assure he uses a traditional recipe, why not give him the recipe you want and offer to help cook. Tell him he can do all the shopping, chopping and cleaning. Just pick a recipe that uses heavy cream. Otherwise, it's not Alfredo.

Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo is actually very simple to make from scratch. It's basically just pasta with some bechamel sauce (basically whole milk and flour) and throw some chicken on there. Look up a recipe at foodnetwork.com.

• Gina

I'm not a guy but thought I might could help. I think you should do something sweet for him. For instance...on mine and my boyfriend's 1st anniversary I gave him a cute little black box with 366 chocolate kisses that said I love you on the little strip of paper inside it. There was one kiss for everyday that we had been together and since it was leap year there were 366 kisses. I also put an envelope in there with our picture glued to the front and a gift certificate inside for some speakers and since I didn't know exactly what kind to get him I thought that was the best idea. Also, for his birthday coming up I went out and looked around our house and found things in the shape of letters. I took pictures with my digital camera of certain things in order to spell out our names. For instance, I used the leg on an old ironing board for the T in my name. Then I converted the pics to black and white, put them on a cd,, and took them to walmart to print them out. I put it all in a big 24"x36" frame.

thats a very yummy meal. But seriously if he takes the easy way out, dont freak out over it, he's doing a very sweet and nice gesture for your anniversary. Either take it or leave it

• WHO CARES IF IT IS FROM A BOX? ISNT THE THOUGHT THAT COUNTS? if you butt in and tell him how to make it or what to make it might discourage him and make him feel insecure. If you care youll eat it and be happy. How would you feel if you made him dinner and he whined about how it was made? You'd be pissed. So consider someones feelings besides you own

• Murray

It is a nice gesture but it would be even nicer if it tasted good. Go with Meredith.

i agree with some of these guys! you have to let him cook! even if it's not delicious doesn't matter, give him a chance ..

• Bandit

Hot dogs with beans (canned)