Are you comfortable with an open adoption?

I am unfamiliar with the adoption process, but one of my very best friends is going through the adoption process through an agency after suffering 5 pregnancy losses. She really wants to me a mommy more than anything. Her profile just went live on her angency's website a month or two ago and she has just... show more I am unfamiliar with the adoption process, but one of my very best friends is going through the adoption process through an agency after suffering 5 pregnancy losses. She really wants to me a mommy more than anything.
Her profile just went live on her angency's website a month or two ago and she has just started being contacted by birth moms. During the last 2 weeks she was contacted by a woman who has 3 other children and a 2-month-old daughter who wanted to place her daughter up for adoption. The birth mom stopped all contact with my friend and the agency so we are assuming she changed her mind. My friend was devastated.
Now my friend tells me another bm is interested in her and her husband, but she wants a "very open adoption" and lives 20 minutes away. My friend says she doesn't think it's the right situation for her but just wants a baby really bad.
This question is really for adoptive parents. I know adoptees really support open adoptions, but how do adoptive parents feel, and how do they handle it? I am worried my friend is going to jump into a situation she is not comfortable with. Again, I know nothing about this process or the emotions since I have never adopted, but I want to protect my friend.
Advice???????
Update: Thanks Randy, I agree! I don't think she should rush either but am afraid to tell her since I have no idea what she is feeling. :( Would love to hear some more thoughtful answers!!!
Update 2: Thanks so much for more thoughtful answers. JennaBea, I understand the pain of losing babies as I have had 4 miscarriages in addition to my 2 bio kids. My friend and I went through some of our losses around the same time, but I went on to have kids. I understand the desperation it can bring, so I guess that's... show more Thanks so much for more thoughtful answers. JennaBea, I understand the pain of losing babies as I have had 4 miscarriages in addition to my 2 bio kids. My friend and I went through some of our losses around the same time, but I went on to have kids. I understand the desperation it can bring, so I guess that's why I feel like it's not my place to tell her not to rush, you know? But I totally do not understand the adoption process and all the highs and lows it can bring.
Kathryn, I am so sorry (((hugs))) I can't even imagine what you are going through.
Update 3: Just wanted to let you guys know my friend is not going with the 2nd bm after all. The first one (with the 2-month-old) called her and said she had been out of town but wants to still continue the adoption.