How to get rid of a married man who's begging you?

I got myself stuck in this situation.I am married and became friend with a married man. He's been planning on leaving his wife. I didn't know this when we first met. Then we became closer of a friend, he's telling me everything. Update on his plan about leaving her etc. Meanwhile, I am getting a lot... show more I got myself stuck in this situation.I am married and became friend with a married man. He's been planning on leaving his wife. I didn't know this when we first met. Then we became closer of a friend, he's telling me everything. Update on his plan about leaving her etc.

Meanwhile, I am getting a lot of heat from everyone. His wife and his inlaws. They are all thinking that it's ME that's a reason why he's leaving her. I am not. I am happily married and we're just friend.

We have kid of same age and we do play dates. He's my friend and nothing else to that. Although he admitted that he's inlove with me ETC.. So he must've told his inlaws about me because now they are blaming me. He is now moving out, getting a divorce etc. And everyone is freaking out.

I want NOTHING TO DO with it. I want to remove myself away from this drama. My husband's been telling me too!!

I did so many times--told him we can't be friend etc but we ended up talking again. Well, tonight I told him I am dead serious. We cannot be friend! I need to focus on my marriage and he needs to focus on his family. I told him NOT TO EVER CALL me and forget about me. It's the only way to have a clear mind, plus I don't want to be involve. So I told him NOT TO CONTACT me ever etc...He got very upset over the phone. Begged me he can't lose me and that I am the only one that he's got. And that he REALLY needs me while he goes through this. He just need a friend to be there. I told him we cannot have a genuine friendship because I know he's got feelings for me and that I love my husband and I want to pay ALL my attention to my husband. He said he's not asking for anything but for me to be there and NOT drop him out of MY LIFE.

I told him this over the phone and made it clear I made my decision. He DROVE to my house in the middle of the night, came knocking at my door wanting to talk to me. I let him in. We sat down. He started getting on his knees. I told him TO GO HOME TO HIS WIFE and that if he doesn't leave, I'll calll her and tell her he's at MY house. He told me he doesn't care and even handed me the phone to call her. I didn;t do it.

He BEGGED me NOT to turn my back on him and just be there as a friend. He told me he is not asking for anything but MY FRIENDSHIP. That's all. He admitted that he's inlove with me but will respect my wishes and my marriage but ALL he wants is my friendship. I continued telling him to go home to his wife. (my husband is out of town right now)...

He started crying when I continued to reject him. And he told me he will not leave until I agreed to still talk to him. I wanted to get rid of him so I agreed. BUT IN ONE CONDITION, and that is he will go to marriage counseling with his wife. He told me he will.

OK, I need to ditched this guy..HOW on earth can I do it without causing pain or more drama? I want to tell my husband but I really don't want involve him. He's a busy man and I don't want to create problems for him. BUT I really need A CLEAN CUT no communication with this guy. So I guess I can start my distancing myself and pretty soon it will just go away? How?? He calls, text, all the time..Any suggestion here? HELP!!
Update: Oh yea..this guy's been doing things to show that he really have strong feelings for me. Got me a mother's day present that's more than he got his wife. Took my side over hers during conversation, bragged how beautiful and smart I am in front of her, would drop plans with her to see me etc..So yea..the... show more Oh yea..this guy's been doing things to show that he really have strong feelings for me. Got me a mother's day present that's more than he got his wife. Took my side over hers during conversation, bragged how beautiful and smart I am in front of her, would drop plans with her to see me etc..So yea..the guy is a nutcase!! I feel bad for her wife and I wish I didn't become friend with him!1
Update 2: My husband is NOT complete wuss. He doesn't even know!...And that's what I am contemplating---do I tell him about this? I just need a clean cut break from this guy!!