Spit when running .... =/?

When i'm running i always get a build up of spit in my mouth, i dont know what to do cause when i swallow it, i find it hard to breath and i have to slow down and walk for a minute or so, and once i tried spitting it out but it was so stringy and it got tied up and hung on my shoulder :s eww, never trying that... show more When i'm running i always get a build up of spit in my mouth, i dont know what to do cause when i swallow it, i find it hard to breath and i have to slow down and walk for a minute or so, and once i tried spitting it out but it was so stringy and it got tied up and hung on my shoulder :s eww, never trying that again, what can i do to prevent this saliva build up or how can i get rid of it when i'm running? I dont carry water with my btw
thanks.
Update: ok, that sounds ok, i cant carry water with my, i have to have my hands free but i am hydrated, i drink 2l of water a day and ALWAYS drink before and after running too :s chew gum? thats ridiculous, i'd probably swallow it and die, no not a good idea. i hate stopping to spit it out, i guess i'll just have... show more ok, that sounds ok, i cant carry water with my, i have to have my hands free but i am hydrated, i drink 2l of water a day and ALWAYS drink before and after running too :s
chew gum? thats ridiculous, i'd probably swallow it and die, no not a good idea.
i hate stopping to spit it out, i guess i'll just have to.. but i'm doing a half marathon in 2 weeks, in the middle of london with crowds by barriers either side of the road and runners in front and behind me, what am i going to do then!!! please help