Where are we headed? Or am i crazy?
1. The federal govt passed a bill raising the tax on cigarettes to fund Children's Health Care. On the other had, The current administration is also pushing for universal health care. the idea of universal health care eliminates the need for a separate Children's Health care. But, i believe, the tax will remain.
2. congress approved a bill allowing the FDA to regulate the contents of cigarettes. there will be a reduction in the amount of nicotine in all cigarettes. this leads to further dependence by those unable to quit the habit. less nicotine leads to smoking more cigarettes to get the required amount to "satisfy the craving". while prices rise for cigarettes, with the amount of nicotine decreasing...smokers unable to quit will buy more cigarettes to satisfy their cravings....thus increasing revenue.
3.Universal health care: if you submit to a government plan, you will be subject to more control by the federal govt. they will prevent you from participating in activities that are considered "unhealthy" in order to "combat health care costs"
4.Obama has a degree in constitutional law. this creates the perfect frame-work in which to circumvent the constitution....leads to 5
5. if the govt bails out 2/3 of the states, and then uses its power of money to control them (i.e., if you don't do what we say, we will withhold federal money and your economy will fall), it can do anything. including constitutional amendments. Could the president, with this perceived power, amend the constitution to create a term that is unlimited in years (in order to "fix" our problems).
6. the federal reserve has 9 trillion dollars in off-balance sheet transactions that it refuses to disclose(see an earlier question of mine for more details). much of the bailout money has not even been spent "yet"...the massive injection of this money will cause a period of really bad inflation, as the money supply will be so great. the more money you put into the system, the less value you money holds...
7. and finally...what with these czars in out govt? officials appointed by the president to run huge operations, yet they are not subject to approval by the senate. this seems unconstitutional.
2. I voted for Obama and fell for his mantra for change. he is not a socialist...he is a progressive. Change was his main message...the same as progressives. Progressivism is similar to socialism, but not quite. look it up.