What is the best way to get from Port Authority to JFK International Airport?

I am going from Boston to New York via Greyhound bus which apparently drops me off at the Port Authority, I was wondering what the easiest and best way to get from the Port Authority to JFK airport

I am going from Boston to New York via Greyhound bus which apparently drops me off at the Port Authority, I was wondering what the easiest and best way to get from the Port Authority to JFK airport. Also how long and what would the quickest way be because I would be getting to Port Authority at 5:20 am and would like to know if I would be able to make my flight at 7am

Also how long and what would the quickest way be because I would be getting to Port Authority at 5:20 am and would like to know if I would be able to make my flight at 7am

Favorite Answer

There are two ways to get from the PA Bus Terminal to JFK Airport, and both are public transit.

Option 1: Subway

Step 1: purchase a $7 pay per ride (regular) MetroCard, NYC version of the Charlie Card, and take the Queens-bound (eastbound) "E" train (Blue Line on the subway map) from 42nd Street-PA Bus Terminal to Sutphin Blvd-JFK/Jamaica Station.

Step 2: at Sutphin Blvd-JFK/Jamaica Station, exit the subway station into Jamaica Station and follow the direction sign directing your the JFK Airtrain. Take the Airtrain from Jamaica Station to all terminal.

Now the reason, I said to purchase a $7 pay per ride MetroCard, because you will be paying to ride both the subway and Airtrain. The fare on the subway is $2 and and on the Airtrain is $5.

Option 2: LIRR

Step 1: purchase a $7 pay per ride (regular) MetroCard, NYC version of the Charlie Card, and take the downtown (eastbound) "A", "C" or "E" trains (Blue Line on the subway map) from 42nd Street-PA Bus Terminal to 34th Street-Penn Station. The fare on the subway is $2 one way.

Step 2: at Penn Station, exit the subway into the station and take any eastbound LIRR train (except the Port Washington Branch) from Penn Station to Jamaica Station. The one way off peak fare will cost you $5.25.

Step 3: at Jamaica Station, transfer upstairs to the Airtrain, which will take you to all the terminal. The fare on the Airtrain is $5.

I hope this information is very helpful. If you have any questions or need travel directions while in town, just drop me a line by clicking on the avatar and e-mail icon in the profile. I'll be glad to help.

Good luck

Native New Yorker

Source(s): http://mta.info/nyct/maps/submap.htm (printable subway map with Airtrain and LIRR connection -- click on the PDF icon to enlarge and print)
  • donges

Port Authority To Jfk

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): port authority jfk international airport: https://shortly.im/Ju9Ud
  • Roxie

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/avdV2

You have 2 options (there are cheaper options, but they are slower, and speed is important when you need to catch a bus) Option 1: Take the NY Airport Express bus for $15. Option 2: Take the AirTrain to Jamaica, and then take the Manhattan-bound (E) to the Port Authority Bus Terminal. The fare is $5 for the AirTrain and $2.25 for the subway (remember to use the same MetroCard to pay for both trains) I hope this information was very helpful.

Taxi is the fastest/most expensive. Otherwise you take the blue lines towards JFK, and getting off at the Howard Beach Station. Then you take AirTrain to your perspective terminal for your flight.

Taxi is $60, while this way is about $12.00.

Via Subway

Buy $7 MetroCard ($7.25) on June 28th due to subway/bus will increase by 25 cent. $5 for Airtrain JFK.

Take Queens/Jamaica Center-bound (E) train to Sutphin Blvd-Archer Av/JFK Airport.

Take Airtrain JFK to your airline terminals.

Please note during that, (A) and (E) are local during late night hours and there are no (C).

For LIRR Approach, take downtown (A)(C)(E) one stop to 34th St-Penn Station.

Buy Long Railroad ticket from Penn Station to Jamaica with $5 MetroCard.

Fare are currently depends on time.

Peak- PM Rush Hour travel $7.25

On June 17th, 2009, it will be $8.00.

Off-Peak- non-rush hour including weekends- $5.25

One June 17th, 2009, it will be $5.75.

On Weekend, take advantage of Weekend CityTicket $3.25 and June 17th, 2009, it will cost you $3.50.

LIRR takes only 20 minutes and Airtrain JFK only takes 12 minutes to reach JFK.

Quickest way is by taxi which cost you $45 flatrate to JFK Airport if your bus was late. And tips and 50 cent surcharge will apply for late night trips.

Also, 50 cent surcharge for dropping off will also be added when MTA increase fare on June 28th, 2009.

I not sure if you could make to 7 o'clock flight.

easiest and well safest is to take a taxi itwill cost you 60 or more, or you can take the subway you can take the E train at port authority to queens and then take the air train to the airport this is gonna cost you about 5 bucks

It may be $$ but I would get a cab.

If you are traveling, I am guessing baggage is traveling with you. Would you really want to hop from subway to subway or relax in a cab. You can have fun trying to have a conversation with the driver. When you get out of the cab ask him if his accent is from Jersey or Alabama.

I don't know if they still have them , but on the main floor there's a desk for buses to JFK/LGA/NWK airports. Just hop on one bus & u r there. Good luck!!!

• obie43

i would say call a taxi its safer