Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Spiritually speaking, is there ever a reasonable excuse for domestic violence?

Favorite Answer

My wife said if I answered this one, she is going to beat me up again. Oh! Wait a minute! That's right! She is now my ex-wife. Yippee!!

OK, here is my answer:

There is never a reasonable excuse for domestic violence or foreign violence either one.

• Chris

well, from a spiritual standpoint, violence is almost never acceptable...some people will bring up when Jesus used the cat o' nine tails to chase the swindlers and prostitutes out of the temple BUT Jesus is also entirely perfect so any decision He makes is going to be the right one...humans on the other hand make messed up choices on a daily basis and therefore cannot handle the responsibility of deciding when violence is ok and when it is not...Jesus Himself said turn the other cheek...even war is sin...Christians are never to be violent or harmful to anyone though I do believe there is grace in this area in the event that you are defending your family and loved ones...it's not a straight black and white situation because the Bible does not list every possible situation you could come acrossed, BUT at the same time the Bible does say in Romans that if you are not sure about the sinfulness of an action (you do not know if it is a sin or not) then doing it is a sin whether or not the action was actually sinful...in other words, it is a sin to remain ignorant and act on that ignorance...I don't think you really wanted this extensive of an answer, but hey it is what it is

Why does everyone seem to think domestic violence is a one sided thing? I have been in little scuffles with loved ones in the past and we both hit eachother... it doesn't mean that one person gets beat. Well, of course sometimes it does and that is not acceptable. But if it's a little love fight and you have angry sex, then hell yes go domestication!!!!

And for the sign.... lovely!

No, men should be patient with their wives even if they are selfish willful women. But no man is born to hit a woman. A woman is the first love he knows when he comes into the world. So what is it that makes a man not be able to take it anymore and strike out? The reason is a spiritual defect in a woman that many cannot or will not transcend, and they set the stage for domestic violence.

LOL! It's like banning wearing a loud tie after sunset in a built-up area!

Neighbourhood watch-the-other-way!

If one spouse/partner hurts one of the kids, that mother phuucker needs to be knocked out cold and hurt real good.

Source(s): Been there, done that. Ever since then, he knows not to touch our kids. Don't ever phuuck with my kids.

I'm worried if the first answer is serious.

Domestic violence is never acceptable.

Well ya gotta get your beatin' for trampin' around in the bars all night on Saturday.

Someone who set that rule up needs there head check.

There is no excuse for violence..