Did my parents make a bad move?

Why did they let my 13 year old brother go on a date with a 15 year old girl? He's never been on a date before, and his first time is gonna be with somebody 2 years older than him? I don't think this is a good move at all, infact I'm thinking about going to spy on them, just incase something weird happens. Isn't this a bad move on my parents? I mean 13 is kind of young to go out alone on a date don't you think?

spy they mad\e a horrible move

Everyone develops at their own age. Though your brother is a little young your parents are the ones to make the decision. However, you should never spy on family. It leads down a dangerous road and the smarter thing to do would be to ask questions either to your brother or you parents. If you spy on him now you will break a boundary and his trust. If you're really all that worried why don't you talk to your parents so they know how you feel about the issue. And that's the Honest Truth.

This lady told her daughters, 10 and 3 to sit down at Chickfila. She ordered food. The 10 yr old girl was sitting w/ her sister. Her sister, 3 yr gets up and leaves. She runs around and goes in the men's room. I had better visual spot than the sister. The mom yelled and searched for the 3 yr old. They finally sat down and ate. The mom criticized everything about the 10 yr old. I couldn't stand it. The other moms heard it too. I said why do you blame her? You are the mother. She said her 10 yr old has been watching the sister for years. I said you can't blame your kids for your shortcomings. She said the girl had the cell phone so she can't pay attention. Again I said you are the parent. Very sad. The poor 10 yr old didn't respond and ran out the door. She had chores to do when they got home.

well the truth is, you are not his parent so its not really your call. I understand your concern but this could be really good for your brothers self esteem in the long run. If you are concerned then talk to your parents about it. Try not to mess up your relationship with your brother by intervening to much in his social life. Be a source of in encouragement to him so that you can keep the lines of communication open and build trust, that's what is important. Let your parents do the parenting. Besides two years is not that big of an age difference.

As bad of a decision this may have been, you can't spy on him. You have to have some sort of respect for people's privacy. As long as they're in a public place what's the worst that can happen?

just butt out of it, gosh your not his mother.

how would you feel if your parents let you go on a date and your older brother came to spy on you?

leave them alone

He's a 13 year old boy, I'm sure he feels like the coolest kid on the block. I bet they'll be just fine~ your parents are parents for a reason!!

• sammi

its a bad move for u to get involved this is none of ur business

Yes. Why would they let him do that? Crazy.

hell no that when bicthes start givin out pucsy