Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsHockey · 1 decade ago

2010 Olympics and NHL hockey ?

when the Olympics start, will there still be nhl hockey season going on or no ?

cause alota players from nhl will be participating in the mens hockey team for the Olympics so i was wondering..

• Favorite Answer

The NHL will basically shut down for the two weeks the Olympics are running. They will not have an all star game that year. They will just have some of their players in the Games themselves. Just like the last few times

They take a couple week break for the olympics. Would be sad to see NHL games being played without the best players in the league.

Killswitch - I think this is what you are trying to say, but there is no all-star break next year. The olympics are at about the same time as the all-star break would be.

• The league will take a break for the Olympics. They did this in 1998, 2002, and 2006.

To help accommodate there will be no All Star game in 2010.

Montreal Canadiens and Team Canada

No, the league will go on break. They did that in 2006.

• It's in Feb... which they'll just be on a break. I think it may tie in with the All-Star break, but don't hold me against that.

Ah thanks Flamesfan... again, I wasn't so sure LOL. Thanks for clearing that one up.